Controversial opinions on metal

Also, I've relistened to Emperor's second album. It's not as average as I thought it was. Better than the debut, I'd say. Still somewhat flawed.

It's amazing. Then again, those who don't like the overblown symphonic touches would find it awful. I just think it's good, fun, epic black metal.

Pretty sure ObscureInfinity has almost entirely turned to trolling and/or inflammatory remarks at this point so I wouldn't worry about it

Did you not read the arrogant/stupid post he made above mine? I'm pretty sure that comment was completely justified.

Yeah and V5 agreed with his post...

itt that obscure infinity is flexing his e-bicep

Pretty sure ObscureInfinity has almost entirely turned to trolling and/or inflammatory remarks at this point so I wouldn't worry about it

I've thought Obscure Infinity has been trolling since day one. whenever the douchebag signed up

Hvis Lyset Tar Oss and Far Away From the Sun are the pinnacle of Black Metal.

The first 2 Morbid Angel are almost faultless.

The Red in the Sky is Ours is probably the greatest Death Metal record.

De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas is easily the weakest of the classic early Norwegian Black Metal albums, though it is still great.

Ride the Lightning is truely great whereas Master of Puppets is mostly mediocre. I have always enjoyed the former, but was never able to get into the latter despite the very obvious similarities between the two.

Judas Priest >> Iron Maiden.

I agree with everything in this post aside from the Mayhem one.

Master Of Puppets got me intrigued to get into metal... That 8 minute song is just easily one of their best. Their shit grows stale though, its like listening to Iced Earth's later material.

Ironically I find that the best Swedish death is the kind that doesn't fully follow the Stockholm sound, i.e Therion, Theory In Practice, At The Gates, God Macabre, etc, instead of Dismember, Unleashed, Grave, and so on.

Yea, God Macabre and Therion are quite spacey, I don't particularly like the drums on Therion's death metal albums, though.

Dismember is probably one of the best bands I can think of that are from Sweden, alot of good bands from the past are devoured within the gothenburg/stockholm bullshit scene such as At The Gates and Grave.

My comment was in jest, Obscure Infinity.:)
I just don;t really like bass-heavy albums with frequent overstated breakdowns. Used to, but it's not my thing anymore.

I listen to Ride the Lightning and AJFA a lot.