Controversial opinions on metal

I agree with everything in this post aside from the Mayhem one.

well yeah so do i but it's a long time since i've seen such an unflinching falconsbane acolyte. i can not take that shit seriously anymore.

btw people who don't like far away from the sun, at least from track 5 through 7, are just the worst and their every comment about music is totally void.

well yeah so do i but it's a long time since i've seen such an unflinching falconsbane acolyte. i can not take that shit seriously anymore.

btw people who don't like far away from the sun, at least from track 5 through 7, are just the worst and their every comment about music is totally void.

fair enough

yeah, i don't see how anyone could dislike the album

I find FAFTS a bit too suffocating and single-minded some of the time; it's certainly mood music, though. Similar to other like bands...Dawn comes to mind especially.

Single-minded?

Suffocating I can understand because it is somewhat dense at times, but single minded is just about the last way I'd describe it.

What do you think of Vinterland or Taake's Nattestid Ser Porten Vid?

I mean single-minded as in it seems a lot of the time like it is just going straight towards a goal, though there are moments of introspection which are strong. It seems a bit too headstrong or something, it's tough to put into words.

I'm a fan of Welcome My Last Chapter by Vinterland.

'Falconsbane acolyte'? I seriously have no idea what you are talking about.

The title track recently became a favourite of mine aswell as Beyond All Horizons and track 5 was the first I heard from the album so will always be a favourite. For some reason I have never got into The Vision and the Voice quite as much as the rest of the album.

More opinions,
Dark Recollections > Like an Ever Flowing Stream

The first 2 Dark Tranquillity albums are actually really good Melodic Death/Melodeath.

The first 3 Opeth are good, Morningrise and My Arms, Your Hearse being my favourites. Anything after that has its moments but is mostly meh.

'Falconsbane acolyte'? I seriously have no idea what you are talking about.

The title track recently became a favourite of mine aswell as Beyond All Horizons and track 5 was the first I heard from the album so will always be a favourite. For some reason I have never got into The Vision and the Voice quite as much as the rest of the album.

More opinions,
Dark Recollections > Like an Ever Flowing Stream

The first 2 Dark Tranquillity albums are actually really good Melodic Death/Melodeath.

The first 3 Opeth are good, Morningrise and My Arms, Your Hearse being my favourites. Anything after that has its moments but is mostly meh.

I can agree with the Opeth statement, I don't necessarily agree with the DR > LAEFS thing but I can totally see where you're coming from.

Gothenburg for the most part is as bad as metalcore to me, I'd rather it just be purged from existence and never spoken of again.