Controversial opinions on metal

I speak Norwegian, too.

Hvis lyset tar oss, det some engang var. Nattestid ser vorten vid, over bjoergvin graater himmerik; over fjell og gjennom torne. I en hall med flesk og jmød! Snø og granskog der det kjulte lever tildekket og kald.

Woah, that derailed quickly. XD From what I've heard, later Dream Theater is actually a little better than old Dream Theater.

Eh... it's not bad. Some of the songs are killer. But IMHO they made a huge leap into Cowboys From Hell. People always say that Power Metal and Cowboys are very similar sounding but IMHO Power Metal is fairly generic (but good) whereas Cowboys is unique, I haven't heard anything like it. And yeah I like Exhorder and Pantera got their sound from them, but even so, I still don't think there's anything with the same kind of dynamic as Cowboys From Hell.

I don't want to be a dick but in my humble opinion Vulgar Display is the weakest album out of their 90s material. It's too middle of the road, a lot of it is great but they are stuck between trying to be a darker band like they will be later and a lighter, more thrashy band like they were before.

Frankly I think Reinventing the Steel is criminally underrated. It has several of their best songs and every cut is smokin' hot.

You know, when they released Vulgar Display of Power I was 14 years old, my friends and I just loved it from the first spin. Probably one the albums we've played the most. So I guess my opinion is terribly biased :erk:

Anyway, I think it's a pretty decent, strong metal album, released when lots of people were listening to Grunge shit (at least here).

Reinventing the Steel is not among my favourite Pantera albums, tbh.