Controversial opinions on metal

Xorv calm down sportsfan. I don't know what Peccatum is but it sounds like "Peccary" and I don't know or care about why Emperor disbanded. I like Emperor because IMO they are one of the few bands I've heard who effectively conjure up "the frozen north" in their sound.

You can make fun of me all you want for being a poser noob faggot gaylord who knows nothing about black metal.

All That remains? As you can see I never listen to them. That came up on a last.fm radio. I just don't like you judging my knowledge because of My Last.fm profile. I've been listening to metal for 10 years, I think I know a decent amount.

Is it that difficult to press the skip button?

1) the e-cock, amirite?

2) yes, and that album plus the 97' release are what I've been listening to for the past 3 months, and almost constantly for the past 2 weeks.

3) white as dick lips

I was not making fun of you krampus, that post was not even directed toward you. Intophagist wanted a metal e-quiz.

dude WHO CARES. this is why i stay in the social thread, because someone's last.fm becomes actual grounds for judgment.

edit: that was not directly aimed at Xorv. just everyone in general. I'm cranky and I want LUNCH wahhh

I know people that have been "listening" to metal for more than 10 years and their metal "knowledge" is limited to Pantera, drinking beer, Fear Factory, drinking beer, Machinehead, drinking beer, Metallica, drinking beer and the occasional old death metal band that got popular, and more beer drinking.

I hate fuckers like this. Expand your tastes or gtfo.

dude WHO CARES. this is why i stay in the social thread, because someone's last.fm becomes actual grounds for judgment.

This is the thread where people aimlessly argue for pages. ... IntoFaggot has pretty lousy taste in metal though... and I say this because of the posts he's made in the past, not because of what his last.fm says or how long he's been listening to metal.

I said this before but it was in the middle of the darkbliss argument and it quickly was buried...

Sir Albert Witchfinder > The Overtly Melancholic Lord Strange > all other doom metal vocalists.

I tried to get into Devin Townsend once (Terria) but thought barbed wire q-tips were more pleasent on the ears.

So I've been listening to Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk non-stop and I am slowly finding what is so special about this album. After listening to some Gorecki that Krampus mentioned I do see the similarities and now am realizing what the fuck Emperor was trying to do when they wrote this album. While this is quite the revelation I still don't think, considering my particular interest, that Emperor is for me.