Controversial opinions on metal

Here's another opinion on metal that I have:

I think Devin Townsend is boring as all hell.

While I don't like large swathes of SYL, I really like a lot of his stuff, especially from around the time of Ocean Machine. It's something to do with his vocals, arrangements and production technique as he never really impressed me [or anyone for that matter] as a guitarist. But the former more than makes up for the latter IMO.

EDIT: Despite Bellig's stamp of approval [Which I respect, considering I think we share musical tastes] I haven't heard Addicted but Ki is quite good. It isn't metal but showcases his mettle nevertheless and to an extent invalidates the aforementioned opinion on his guitarring abilities. I found it probably the most interesting of all his albums.

EDIT: Despite Bellig's stamp of approval [Which I respect, considering I think we share musical tastes] I haven't heard Addicted but Ki is quite good. It isn't metal but showcases his mettle nevertheless and to an extent invalidates the aforementioned opinion on his guitarring abilities. I found it probably the most interesting of all his albums.
:cool:

for the record i like all of his solo stuff except Synchestra and Physicist. I'll take his solo material over Strapping Young Lad ANYDAY.

Devin Townsend might be a weird dude, but his Suicide song is priceles!

great song, DeadHead will always remain my favorite off of AE and quite possibly his best song, period.

Have you checked with the post office? I gave you the number of the package.

I tried tracking it on the USPS website but it said I can't do it for this particular package or something. I don't know...I've had stuff from other countries take ages to arrive before, so I'm not surprised. But it could've gotten lost in the mail, which wouldn't be surprising since USPS is run by the government.

Sorry to hear that. Cyth, I meant with regards to your previous post.:p
So far, Ben_t is the only to receive his CD. I guess the Canadian postage service is more efficient.

Anybody who evaluates black metal albums positively based on their catchiness should leave the hall post-haste.
Yea, well, I started getting more into rock, and while it would be erroneous to apply rock standards to metal, I can't help but do just that. I need some groove and some hooks, or something pleasantly droning without major deviations from flow. Maybe I am getting old.:p