Controversial opinions on metal

I have NEVER heard "djent" before, heard it called "technical math metal" or some bullshit, but I just say "sounds like Meshuggah."

I like Meshuggah, they are great live but I thought ObZen was boring.

I have NEVER heard "djent" before, heard it called "technical math metal" or some bullshit, but I just say "sounds like Meshuggah."

I like Meshuggah, they are great live but I thought ObZen was boring.

Supposed to be "djent" because of that detuned chugging sound. I like Meshuggah as well but there seems to be a whole lot of people in Bangalore who are actually into this shit, which I really don't get.:erk:

controversial opinion?

live death metal is often a curiously bloodless affair, with nothing like the brutality, musically (it's too fast) or in the crowds of the best thrash and hardcore shows.

I prefer going to shows focusing on the music rather than all the other shit that's going on. I've never understood that mentality of hardcore shows, what am I supposed to hear if I run in a circle or surf crowds of people? If you're just out for an adrenaline rush you might just as well drink some moonshine and buy a rollercoaster-ticket for all I care.

Strictly musically speaking, I doubt Discharge would be more audible than Morbid Angel in a live situation.

When I go to a show I just wish I could be the only person there, and sit back and relax in a comfortable chair and watch/listen to the band. Moshing and crowd surfing, and all the other dumb crap people do is stupid and takes away from the experience.

I get where you guys are coming from, but there's something about being pushed up against a bunch of other people all rocking out to the same band that I think definitely adds to the experience. Some of the shit people do is fucking retarded, though.

Mastodon is overrated, they lure you in with their elegant etheral feeling album covers then slap you across the face with some cheap stoner rock that sounds nothing like the album cover.

I feel I have to wear sandals and buy a surfboard when I listen to this shit, and I hate sandals.

I've heard leviathan (whatever) and remission and didn't feel the need to venture any further. I had heard them years earlier, but forgot why I discarded them. Now I remember why

I get where you guys are coming from, but there's something about being pushed up against a bunch of other people all rocking out to the same band that I think definitely adds to the experience. Some of the shit people do is fucking retarded, though.

I'm in this camp, but I also enjoy groping underage girls at live music events so it is understandable that I enjoy crowded standing space situations. I also like to dance and move around a little. Headbanging is pretty retarded most of the time, and the only fun part about a circle pit is watching it. As for people who show up to a concert and do that thing where they fight invisible ninjas...well they get tripped if they hit me more than once.

Xorv I actually agree with you about Mastodon.

All Mastodon is pretty bad.

Also moshing is fun. Who goes to a death metal show to "dance around"? If you just want to sit in a chair and listen to the music, you can do that at your computer.

All Mastodon is pretty bad.

Also moshing is fun. Who goes to a death metal show to "dance around"? If you just want to sit in a chair and listen to the music, you can do that at your computer.

If you just want to mosh you can go outside and run into somebody.