Controversial opinions on metal

@krampus: Nah, never been to that venue. Converge is a -core band though, they tend to have idiotic pits with ninja airfighters and shit. It's retarded, and anybody that swings their arms and legs around wildly needs to get them broken.

Moshing and "hardcore dancing" are entirely different things. Yeah, I've gotten busted up a few times, but it's no big deal. I got elbowed in the face at a Megadeth show, but it wasn't from someone throwing punches and kicks at the air like a fucking moron.

@Saparmurat Niyazov: I'm almost 30 years old and not exactly "in shape". I still mosh at shows. There are older dudes who come in and mosh with us too. It's a good time. The only time I run into windmilling idiots is at shows where there are shitty -core openers, or when the headliner is a shitty band like Behemoth and attracts all the fucking idiot metalheads who got into metal in the last 5 years.

@ VB: I'm over 30, but that that doesn't make me much older than yourself, and it's not like I'm obese or anything. I suppose my problem is the same as what Krampus pointed out, I move too slowly in the pit and just end up falling on my ass and looking stupid. However, after a half-dozen beers, I throw my inhibitions out the window and jump in the pit sometimes. I still prefer the bar, especially if the venue's bar is within eyesight of the stage.

Yeah Converge I wasn't surprised to see that sort of action in the "pit," I always assumed they were some variation of hardcore and would thus have such "dancing."

Elbows do not belong in anyone's face, ever. I got roundhouse kicked to the face by some flailing monkey at Nile and bled all over the place. That wasn't cool.

Also, way to be Cro-Magnon Brad, what is wrong with getting into metal in the past 5 years? Especially for young people who are still teenagers or whatever? Better late than never is more like it.

I enjoy real moshes, which around here (surprisingly) I see no XCORE OMFG LOOK AT ME HELICOPTER...its nice.

Yeah Converge I wasn't surprised to see that sort of action in the "pit," I always assumed they were some variation of hardcore and would thus have such "dancing."

Elbows do not belong in anyone's face, ever. I got roundhouse kicked to the face by some flailing monkey at Nile and bled all over the place. That wasn't cool.

Also, way to be Cro-Magnon Brad, what is wrong with getting into metal in the past 5 years? Especially for young people who are still teenagers or whatever? Better late than never is more like it.

I don't necessarily have a problem with people getting into metal recently. It's just those are the ones I see at shows acting like fucking idiots, mostly teenagers and shit. You don't see people who have been into metal for 10-15 years doing that shit usually.

I don't necessarily have a problem with people getting into metal recently. It's just those are the ones I see at shows acting like fucking idiots, mostly teenagers and shit. You don't see people who have been into metal for 10-15 years doing that shit usually.

You don't see a lot of people getting into metal when they're 8 years old so, it's kinda hard for everyone here and at those shows to be into metal for 10-15 years. I'm sorry that you think our dates of birth detract from how metal we are.

You don't see a lot of people getting into metal when they're 8 years old so, it's kinda hard for everyone here and at those shows to be into metal for 10-15 years. I'm sorry that you think our dates of birth detract from how metal we are.

Well maybe if you didn't ninja kick and windmill and punch the air wildly like a flaming fag, it would be much less noticeable that you're new to metal and a fucking moron.

Well maybe if you didn't ninja kick and windmill and punch the air wildly like a flaming fag, it would be much less noticeable that you're new to metal and a fucking moron.

I don't actually do that, just felt like commenting since you sound like (and pretty much always do) a huge douchebag.

That's cool. Let me know when you grow some balls.

internet-tough-guy-226x300.png

Controversial opinion No.1... Two Step makes you look gay...

Sorry but it does... i just dont get it and I never will...

Controversial opinion No.2... Most people into metal only listen to it to look cool and to fit into some kind of drop outs social club...

Its sad fellas, but at least in this country, its horribly true...

This is going to be the new Decapitated line up, I wonder how it's going to go.

Saw them last night, not so good. New vocalist sucks and the new bassist is annoying. The new drummer is great but the band didn't sound anywhere near as tight as they did with Vitek.