Controversial opinions on metal

Controversial opinion No.1... Two Step makes you look gay...

Sorry but it does... i just dont get it and I never will...

Controversial opinion No.2... Most people into metal only listen to it to look cool and to fit into some kind of drop outs social club...

Its sad fellas, but at least in this country, its horribly true...

Topic number one should be switched from "Opinion No.1" to "Universal Fact".

Topic #2 is definately an opinion. My expieriences show me differently. More people try fitting in to that "drop out" scene with drugs and alcohol than metal around here.

the band didn't sound anywhere near as tight as they did with Vitek.

I envy every single person got to see Decapitated live with Vitek on drums. I was supposed to see them open for Amon Amarth a few years back, but the show was soon after Vitek's death, so needless to say they did not play.

Do not like Blut Aus Nord after listening to Odinist & The Work Which Transforms God. They seem to get mentioned a lot on here, but they are far too mechanical sounding. There just isn't very much melody and hardly any hooks to speak of.

Not bad, just bland.

Do not like Blut Aus Nord after listening to Odinist & The Work Which Transforms God. They seem to get mentioned a lot on here, but they are far too mechanical sounding. There just isn't very much melody and hardly any hooks to speak of.

Not bad, just bland.

Fuckin' :lol:

I saw Decapitated with Vitek when they played with Hypocrisy and Suffocation. Pretty fun show. They did a good job, but they had the shortest set of the 3.

Well, you generally don't expect much catchiness in metal, BM especially, but Blue Aus Nord seemed completely bereft of anything at all to grab my attention, even compared to other atmospheric leaning BM acts I've heard. I'm not talking Dragonforce level hooks, or anything even close, just *something*, ya know?

I envy every single person got to see Decapitated live with Vitek on drums. I was supposed to see them open for Amon Amarth a few years back, but the show was soon after Vitek's death, so needless to say they did not play.

I went to see that tour. Heh...they were replaced by Sonic Syndicate as I recall. Bad move.

I guess I should probably give them another chance. In preparation for that show (before Vitek died) I listened to some of their stuff and nothing really caught my interest, but given the general respect they receive, my general interest in well-played, cleanly produced death metal with technical flourishes, and the way my tastes have shifted over the last few years, it's probably worth reevaluating. What's their best?

I saw them with Vitek. It's not my kind of death metal but they put on a really good show and they sounded flawless. Then Necrophagist came on and gave everybody AIDS.

You can envy me. I caught that "Monsters Of Death Tour" they did with Six Feet Under, Vader, and Krisiun. I skipped out before SFU hit the stage.

Smart move. :lol:

I saw Decapitated with Vitek when they played with Hypocrisy and Suffocation. Pretty fun show. They did a good job, but they had the shortest set of the 3.

Thats a killer lineup!

I went to see that tour. Heh...they were replaced by Sonic Syndicate as I recall. Bad move.
QUOTE]

Yeah, I was fucking pissed. Understanding, but nevertheless pissed.

Haha, I actually don't mind Necrophagist's Onset Putrefaction and I think Epitaph has some good moments. I saw them last year, definitely not a live band. Not many headbanging moments, more staring at technical perfection than anything. I think it's novelty value to see a band that can play unbelievably hard music on stage and sound exactly the same as it is on record.

Winds of creation is my favourite Decapitated record, Nihility comes close. I'm not a huge fan of The Negation or Organic Hallucinosis. I missed seeing them the first time they came to Perth because I was away in Singapore for military service, this was before Vitek passed away. Apparently one of the kick drums wasn't working, so the double kicking just sounded like ass.