Controversial opinions on metal

I like Necrophagist albums, but based off youtubing some live performances, I can see they are pretty bland live.

Decapitated would be awesome, Winds of Creation live would be insane.

Saw them last night, not so good. New vocalist sucks and the new bassist is annoying. The new drummer is great but the band didn't sound anywhere near as tight as they did with Vitek.

I'm going to go to judge for myself. I don't really know why else I'm going because I don't like Misery Index or Origin that much, plus I've seen Psycroptic many times and I still reckon they lost a significant part of their sound when Chalky got replaced.

Avenged Sevenfold is one of my favourite bands.
Metalcore is good.
Nu metal is decent.
I think the white corpse paint in black metal is extremely *homophobic slur*
I think a lot of metalheads are posers who only like tr00 metal because hating metalcore and nu metal is cool, they also only like bands because of the way they look (similiar to emos), because if a metal band looks like A7X, Bullet For My Valentine or Bring Me The Horizon they won't be accpeted by these pseudo-tr00 posers.

Metalcore is good.
Nu metal is decent.
I think a lot of metalheads are posers who only like tr00 metal because hating metalcore and nu metal is cool, they also only like bands because of the way they look (similiar to emos), because if a metal band looks like A7X, Bullet For My Valentine or Bring Me The Horizon they won't be accpeted by these pseudo-tr00 posers.
With posts like this, good luck.

I went to see that tour. Heh...they were replaced by Sonic Syndicate as I recall. Bad move.

Decapitated replaced with Sonic Syndicate?

Holly shit, thats like asking for a trouble. :lol:
How was the crowds response back then?

Metalcore is good.
Nu metal is decent.

Holy shit ! Could it possibly be another forum member that actually has balls and stands firmly on HIS own two feet ?

Props !

I know nothing about that posters opinions. I only agree about standing your ground for what you like to listen too and that the metal community is loaded with posers, regardless the genre, excluding old school metalheads, they just like music.

Who here has not "stood his ground" for what he/she likes to listen to?

Who here has not "stood his ground" for what he/she likes to listen to?

I guess that wasnt very explainatory to what I was talking about. I was more refering to how people cant post about a lesser "sick" band without being attacked for it, all the band suckage comments, all the tag teaming from those who agree on bands/music stlyes, all the newb posts that get flamed because they dont listen to "real" metal. After 30 years of the vast variety of metal it should be apparent to anyone with brains that metal has no boundaries and people are people and taste from women to music to work and all else varies greatly.

:lol:
That was random enough to be hilarious.

Let's just throw away all music and live in silence like uhmm, cavemen.

Hell, even cavemen had music, I think. You know, they probably liked gathering round a bonfire, roasting pterodactyls while singing in gibberish.