Controversial opinions on metal

Read tons of reviews and even wrote some, but im not a fan of the "couple" whos doing the site so Ive stopped using it. The whole site is anti-free speach and are elitist friendly only if you share the same opinion as they do. So fuck em.

But when it comes to hating on popular things I can understand it. It doesn't matter if its music, movies or books. If people are into shit with a passion it will always pisses them off when its getting too popular and mainstream. Cause then its easy to "sell out" or doing shit only cause of the money behind it. And it can make people who hated metal in the first place to check it out cause its so radio-friendly and nice sounding. Things like this is also pissing me off at times, but thats how it is.

Read tons of reviews and even wrote some, but im not a fan of the "couple" whos doing the site so Ive stopped using it. The whole site is anti-free speach and are elitist friendly only if you share the same opinion as they do. So fuck em.

But when it comes to hating on popular things I can understand it. It doesn't matter if its music, movies or books. If people are into shit with a passion it will always pisses them off when its getting too popular and mainstream. Cause then its easy to "sell out" or doing shit only cause of the money behind it. And it can make people who hated metal in the first place to check it out cause its so radio-friendly and nice sounding. Things like this is also pissing me off at times, but thats how it is.

Yeah, apparently when a band/movie/book becomes popular, and starts making money, which, y'know, helps a little when you do that kind of thing for a living, they suddenly become a sell-out. I really couldnt give a flying fuck if a band I liked, who weren't that popular became popular, actually I'd kind of like it because I'd have more people to talk about them to. Then again, popularity could lead to posers.

And Demon Lung, yeah thats what I meant. Hell, there might even be bands we both like :p

Yeah, apparently when a band/movie/book becomes popular, and starts making money, which, y'know, helps a little when you do that kind of thing for a living, they suddenly become a sell-out. I really couldnt give a flying fuck if a band I liked, who weren't that popular became popular, actually I'd kind of like it because I'd have more people to talk about them to. Then again, popularity could lead to posers.

Hm, you propose an interesting, challenging and intellectually stimulating conundrum...I wish to subscribe to your newsletter in the hopes that you will one day unravel these intense questions to which you desire the answers...

Ever read a review on Metal Archives ?
They make you want to slap the person that wrote them. I mean, they're either overly-praising or pointless band bashing! Theres no middle ground'

Probably because people only go out of their way to write a review about an album when they feel very strongly about it one way or the other.
Or they're bored out of their minds.

A lot of the reviews are terrible, either because they're over-the-top or just written in something similar to, but not, English. But probably one out of every five is worth reading, and given how many they are, MA's reviews are a valuable tool as long as you know how to filter.

Stairway, who is your favorite nu metal band? If it's not Limp Bizkit UR A FUCKING POSER

I almost saw Necrophagist with Decapitated once but N couldn't come because of visa issues. Sounds like I wasn't missing much anyway.

Anyone notice that as soon as no one really has any controversial opinions after a 100 pages, some new dude with 2 posts comes in and calls everyone out as elitist pigs?

Also Stairway, I think you got the whole idea of hating popular bands because it's "cool" completely backwards. Once you develop a interchangeable variety of thought and taste you will understand.

He'll formulate a change of discern.

Controversial? The only really special thing Fates Warning did was Awaken the Guardian. The debut is solid but not particularly impressive. No Exit was also solid, but again unimpressive and lacking the spark the first 3 had, being decidedly unmystical and severely lacking all forms of John Arch. Spectre Within is fucking good, but Awaken the Guardian is way ahead.