Controversial opinions on metal

the only reason gore grind exists is so that perverted fat people can get off on the album covers and relieve their meat-constipated bowels when the pitchshifts reach the "brown note" and makes everyone suddenly have to shit.
I love Goregrind and I agree. It's just gross, awful, barely coherent noise. Sometimes there is a groove or the bands do some electro or hi-hop thing but that's a rarity. Basically it's a genre to enjoy and not take too seriously. It was actually freeing to admit to myself that I liked goregrind because then I lost all credibility as someone who likes good music. Now I just like whatever I like and I feel great about it.

I like Goregrind and I agree. It's just gross, awful, barely coherent noise. Sometimes there is a groove or the bands do some electro or hi-hop thing but that's a rarity. Basically it's a genre to enjoy and not take too seriously. It was actually freeing to admit to myself that I liked goregrind because then I lost all credibility as someone who likes good music. Now I just like whatever I like and I feel great about it.

That what I think about some Goregrind. I like some of it but it can have lot of awful bands too.

bahahahahaha!

I understand liking goregrind for its theatrical/silly/exaggerated qualities, but I don't get people who try to defend the genre as an entity as SERIOUS BUSINESS GREAT ART.

I also haven't listened to a whole lot of it because it's not really my thing, so perhaps I speak ignorantly.

I understand liking goregrind for its theatrical/silly/exaggerated qualities, but I don't get people who try to defend the genre as an entity as SERIOUS BUSINESS GREAT ART.

Lymphatic Phlegm would like a word with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
glad I can come up with quotable sig material. 90 degree bow.

OK here's one. No one likes Manowar without the slightest hint of irony or silliness.

Born again is the best black sabbath album.
Black Dahlia murder isnt -core at all...
Keyboards still have no place on a metal stage....(though they add a good quality in recordings)

Power Metal is cheesy wankery over basic rythmn chords in E standard. Singers who sound like they want to get fucked by Rob Halford and Bruce Dickinson with a strap-on Dildo.