Controversial opinions on metal

Sounds like the intro track to some crappy 80's movie where the "bad-ass" protagonist is driving on an empty road in the middle of the desert with his 1964 Chevy Impala

Well hand me a girl's blouse and call me Jennifer because I just listened to every one of those songs and they did nothing for me. The music is bog standard trad metal and the vocals are really annoying. Not my kind of cheese.

Thats old heavy metal, was exciting at the time. Worst part of it was telling the difference between any two songs.

What kind of asshole could possibly find Omen annoying? I hope you die.

Perhaps your womanly sensibilities were offended by the misogynistic lyrical matter. If that is the case, sample these wares:

"list of Omen songs.

If not, you probably don't really like traditional heavy metal very much, and you are dead to me. Though I will continue to receive pleasure from the images that you share.

Omen fucking rules
brofistq.jpg

Well hand me a girl's blouse and call me Jennifer because I just listened to every one of those songs and they did nothing for me. The music is bog standard trad metal and the vocals are really annoying. Not my kind of cheese.

Mostly this. The tracks from "The Curse" weren't bad, but the vocalist is meh at best.

Why waste my time with meh when I could instead be rocking out to

running_wild_pile_of_skulls_a.jpg

so are you saying heavy metal isn't good now because it's old or something?

just less interesting than it was at the time. I still play old Savatage, Maiden and Priest quite frequently, I think they changed it up a bit more than Omen, decent enough band though

I think that people who enjoy Blind Guardian but put down Nightwish are slightly screwed up in the head. No offense.

Hardly. Blind Guardian are certainly on the heavier and "manlier" spectrum of Power Metal. The two bands share little in sound and really get lumped together in the same genre. Personally I don't "put down" Nightwish but I'm really not a fan.

I will have to check out some more Omen and Tad Morose

Get Matters of the Dark. They did two albums with that singer, Urban Breed, and he's vastly better than their old singer. Their earlier stuff is more doomy and less awesome, although not bad. Matters of the Dark is by far the better of the two Breed albums, although Modus Vivendi is definitely worthwhile.