Controversial opinions on metal

Controversial? The only really special thing Fates Warning did was Awaken the Guardian.

I have been very much into Fates later work since Perfect Symmetry. I realize its not really for dedicated to the bone metalheads and takes a specific mood to appreaciate, still some really great work and I think unique sound.

controversial opinion?

the next truly revolutionary step in metal will come from the middle east, where the division of semitones into quarter tones will lead to a complete retooling of the harmonic and chordal musicality of heavy music.

controversial opinion?

the next truly revolutionary step in metal will come from the middle east, where the division of semitones into quarter tones will lead to a complete retooling of the harmonic and chordal musicality of heavy music.

This will also lead to a precipitation of discern.

the only reason gore grind exists is so that perverted fat people can get off on the album covers and relieve their meat-constipated bowels when the pitchshifts reach the "brown note" and makes everyone suddenly have to shit.

I thought that was obvious and not controversial at all. Seriously though, I do not get the appeal of most of that stuff.

I'm waiting for the brigade of "NUH UHHHH! I'M NOT FAT THIS IS ART"

Kinda ironic though, considering I think Hermann Nitsch is a brilliant artist simply because he is deranged and uses gore to shock people.

I thought that was obvious and not controversial at all. Seriously though, I do not get the appeal of most of that stuff.

Any genre in which you can't tell which bands are supposed to be serious and which bands are supposed to be parody is a shit genre.

Fuckers hating on goregrind, Carcass and Impetigo are gods.

That being said, listening to Impetigo, there's always been a chunk of goregrind that's been kind of silly... If you're taking it serious lyrically, it's about the same as brutal death metal, imo...

But, after those two, a massive decline in quality occured for whatever reason... There's a good band here and there, Bile and Satan's Revenge on Mankind... for the most part, however, the genre is pretty bad I guess.

Carcass did write some classic tunes, no doubt. But the genre hasn't been pure since fuck knows when. It's basically just shit and has nothing to do with (dare I say) discerning between serious and novelty bands. It's the fact that the music has no feel anymore. Weak two note riffs, ridiculous lyrics and vocal affects and tasteless blasting. Blah, no thank you.