Controversial opinions on metal

Rage Against the Machine isn't fucking intellectual; it's boring protest music for idiots that wear Che Guevara t-shirts.

^Of course, except for the "boring" part. Musically it's somewhat interesting in my opinion.

Killionaire. :lol:

This marks the first time I've ever been so massively quoted. Perhaps an explanation is necessary. To doublekill someone is to first kill the person very slowly, and then extrakill the corpse.

^Of course, except for the "boring" part. Musically it's somewhat interesting in my opinion.

This marks the first time I've ever been so massively quoted. Perhaps an explanation is necessary. To doublekill someone is to first kill the person very slowly, and then extrakill the corpse.

A Double Kill in the FPS game Halo, is when you kill two enemies within 4 seconds. Killionaire is like 10 I think.

^That only applies when killing several people at once. I was only killing the same person several times.

Also, fuck Halo.

Controversy: Thrash metal is boring. Did I say that already?

I've listened to a bunch of thrash... Exodus, Testament, Kreator are alright, but the only thrash that I really, REALLY enjoy is Voivod.

I thought their s/t album had some interesting ideas. Look past the teen angst, and you get an industrial tinged tribal band. Intersting that a band like that got popular. It's fun to destroy popular artists, but fascinating to see how oddballs like Slipknot or Metallica or Nirvana or Korn or Killswitch Engage somehow do this off-the-wall mix of music and then make it accessible and suddenly the trend in popular heavy music completely changs forever.

Rage Against the Machine isn't fucking intellectual; it's boring protest music for idiots that wear Che Guevara t-shirts.

Rage rock the fucking house. The music is phenomenal, and if you think it's boring that's probably because you don't agree with their views

I agree with basically nothing that de la Rocha says in his lyrics; but that doesn't mean he says them in an immature, uninteresting way.

Your point may still be valid, but at least call out the right person. That was written during the Barnes era.
D'oh! *slaps forehead*
Sorry, I knew that, too. My bad.
But Fisher is just as bad, in a slightly goofier way.

Take out the boring part and I agree.

Rage rock the fucking house. The music is phenomenal, and if you think it's boring that's probably because you don't agree with their views

I agree with basically nothing that de la Rocha says in his lyrics; but that doesn't mean he says them in an immature, uninteresting way.
The thing is, what he says in the songs is mostly hyperbole. If you watch interviews with him, he has some intelligent things to say. When he talks about the situation in Mexico I'm with him. When he talks about American politics he's usually going for hyperbole - I don't think he actually expects to incite an armed insurrection, although I'm not sure he doesn't want to.

I don't hear any music when listening to RATM
Might want to turn the speakers on, then.