Controversial opinions on metal

You know what. Fuck that. It's time to accept that everything is random. It's easier to live this way.
And I stopped believing in serious music, krampus. It's all just romantic antics invented by people with too much time on their hands.

Alright, let me clarify that. I don't think that music is ever recorded with the express desire of the artist to be taken seriously. A simple pop song that was composed in an hour may be more compelling to someone than an ultra-complex tune that took weeks to record. Seriousness in music, what is it? What is not seriousness? Who knows? A band recorded something they thought sounded cool and managed to land a record deal with some label.For all it's worth, they could've just been fucking around with their instruments.

It's like trying to argue that chess is superior to say, tabletop RPGs.
"While you, kiddies are preoccupied with killing mini-dragons using makeshift plastic weapons, I'll be enjoying a thoroughly engrossing and intellectually stimulating session of chess."

Absolute bullshit.

Music, games, movies are all entertainment first and foremost, and only then everything else you want to attach to them via analysis/overanalysis.

Blind Guardian uses like 435893053494334 vocal tracks in some of their songs. Sounds like serious business and serious money thrown at the recording studio.

I'm not talking about seriousness though, I guess I'm saying it's always okay for someone to prefer A to B or vice versa, even if A and B are in the same niche/genre.

Of course that's what we do. In everything. Prefer one cigarette brand to another; prefer one color to another, like one movie more than another, prefer one career to another. Personal choice is the way of life.

Actually, with regards to the latter,for instance. Back in the day, in the USSR, in the age of collective uniform thinking, it was trendy for a kid to answer the question: "who do you want to be when you grow up?" by saying: "I want to be an astronaut". The mother of the child would then immediately beam up and start shining almost from within, as if she had too much fish: "did you hear that? My kid wants to be an astronaut. He's gonna grow up brave and strong, and he's gonna conquer the cosmos."

Astronauts were promoted as local heroes by the Soviet government(well, that was not the only profession that was glorified of course. So were representatives of other overachieving or risky professions ), but whatever. It was during the Cold War with the US, and the Soviets were engaged in this competition with the Americans; who's better/quicker than the other side at a given field.

So, anyway, there was some scandal over an act of "disobedience" in a school in Russia, because one child during career day, or I don't quite know what event it was, said in front of the entire class that he wants to be a hairdresser when he grows up. On that very day he was expelled from school and couldn't even get into a decent university from there onwards, because of that "stain" on his personal record. Of course, that's just one sign of a dictatorship ruling with an iron fist,and there were millions of others who were unjustly sidelined, often for the most preposterous reasons but it's just sad how so many lives were broken by the regime just because of "wrong" choices people made.

Uh, well, I don't really know where I was going with this; just wanted to vent a little more, because some of my relatives were also hurt during that time.

Of course that's what we do. In everything. Prefer one cigarette brand to another; prefer one color to another, like one movie more than another, prefer one career to another. Personal choice is the way of life.

Actually, with regards to the latter,for instance. Back in the day, in the USSR, in the age of collective uniform thinking, it was trendy for a kid to answer the question: "who do you want to be when you grow up?" by saying: "I want to be an astronaut". The mother of the child would then immediately beam up and start shining almost from within, as if she had too much fish: "did you hear that? My kid wants to be an astronaut. He's gonna grow up brave and strong, and he's gonna conquer the cosmos."

Astronauts were promoted as local heroes by the Soviet government(well, that was not the only profession that was glorified of course. So were representatives of other overachieving or risky professions ), but whatever. It was during the Cold War with the US, and the Soviets were engaged in this competition with the Americans; who's better/quicker than the other side at a given field.

So, anyway, there was some scandal over an act of "disobedience" in a school in Russia, because one child during career day, or I don't quite know what event it was, said in front of the entire class that he wants to be a hairdresser when he grows up. On that very day he was expelled from school and couldn't even get into a decent university from there onwards, because of that "stain" on his personal record. Of course, that's just one sign of a dictatorship ruling with an iron fist,and there were millions of others who were unjustly sidelined, often for the most preposterous reasons but it's just sad how so many lives were broken by the regime just because of "wrong" choices people made.

Uh, well, I don't really know where I was going with this; just wanted to vent a little more, because some of my relatives were also hurt during that time.

Dude, what the FUCK?

Did DarkBliss just reveal his childhood demons which has subconsciously spurred his relentless crusade to prove his "preference logic"?

Yet all their songs sound best on the live album :lol:

Agreed! Though the studio "And Then There Was Silence" does have a special place in my heart for being the soundtrack to my late nights spent working the closing shift at the music library in college.

DarkBliss - I um don't see where you're going but that's an interesting story. Do you feel repressed in Israel?