Controversial opinions on metal

Here we go again.
facepalm.gif

What's there not to understand?
Perhaps many of us only care to read simple-minded posts. You know, "New York is a big city", or "Hey guys, I've won the lottery", or "God, is she freaking hot or what?"Perfectly understandable, legible, imaginable.

I guess some people just want to distance themselves as far from the mainstream as possible. Or maybe he's offended by the fans of this "genre", if you wanna call it that.

It's never the fans that make the music, though.

They sure can make it less appealing if you haven't already heard the music.

His words don't flow together.
And alligators are in reality genetically enhanced hummingbirds with teeth.:p

Anything can make sense if you've got a vivid imagination.
Where do you think all those inventions that we now use in our daily lives drew inspiration from? Science fiction.
Had it not been for Isaac Asimov, for instance, robots or any similar machines would probably not have existed.

Nah I just like seeing reactions like yours, particularly on the "controversial opinions" thread.

I really don't like Immortal very much though.

edit: what is it with you and nu-metal?

Nah I think I'm actually onto something here. Unless you're a power metal fan, I don't pay attention to any of those threads so I could be mistaken.

Nu-metal is a disgrace. Especially because it has "metal" tacked onto the end and idiots tend to think it's metal. Also the music is fucking horrendous, angsty garbage for 15 year olds.

I'm surprised you don't also like deathcore, or maybe you do and I just haven't seen it yet.

I guess some people just want to distance themselves as far from the mainstream as possible. Or maybe he's offended by the fans of this "genre", if you wanna call it that.

It's never the fans that make the music, though.

What is it with you? Is it impossible for you to understand that some people just loathe certain kinds of music, or is your head so far up your ass that you still think people who don't like Nightwish are just saying it to be disagreeable?

Point me as to where I flat out offended you in that post. I was being diplomatic.I actually try to make sense of most posts.
Whether my replies to some of them may at times reek of over-interpretation shouldn't really cause a major disturbance.
We all phrase things differently, and think differently.

Nah I think I'm actually onto something here. Unless you're a power metal fan, I don't pay attention to any of those threads so I could be mistaken.

Nu-metal is a disgrace. Especially because it has "metal" tacked onto the end and idiots tend to think it's metal. Also the music is fucking horrendous, angsty garbage for 15 year olds.

I'm surprised you don't also like deathcore, or maybe you do and I just haven't seen it yet.

Where you are fucking up here is... theres all kinds of metal and has been since "metal" and even prior as the transformation from hardrock into metal took place. Its kind of rediculous when someone feels the "only metal" is the metal they like. Buts its always been like this with some percentage of "metalheads".

Dont go off on me about the genres your freaking out about, I know nothing of them. I dont listen to any metal that doesnt have vocalists, that is those that dont SING into the microphone. "sing or step away from the mic", thats my feeling and I accept that its definantly a generational thing.

Where you are fucking up here is... theres all kinds of metal and has been since "metal" and even prior as the transformation from hardrock into metal took place. Its kind of rediculous when someone feels the "only metal" is the metal they like. Buts its always been like this with some percentage of "metalheads".

Dont go off on me about the genres your freaking out about, I know nothing of them. I dont listen to any metal that doesnt have vocalists, that is those that dont SING into the microphone. "sing or step away from the mic", thats my feeling and I accept that its definantly a generational thing.

You're a fucking moron. If you don't know what I'm talking about, take your uneducated idiot opinions away from me. Nu-metal is not metal, never was, never will be.

Try not to jump to conclusions because you're a fucking idiot.

You're a fucking moron. If you don't know what I'm talking about, take your uneducated idiot opinions away from me. Nu-metal is not metal, never was, never will be.

Try not to jump to conclusions because you're a fucking idiot.

and what you said here amounted to what ?

a wittle tantrum ?

your own uneducated idiot opinion ?

"hey look at me Im a hysterical raging moron" ?

congradulations !

and what you said here amounted to what ?

a wittle tantrum ?

your own uneducated idiot opinion ?

"hey look at me Im a hysterical raging moron" ?

congradulations !

I could say the same about you. "I DON'T KNOW THE GENRES BUT YOU'RE SAYING SOMETHING FUCKED UP ABOUT THEM AND I'M GOING TO THROW IN MY 2 CENTS ABOUT SOMETHING I DON'T KNOW!!!"

Congratulations you're a fucking idiot.

Where did I ever say I currently like nu-metal or thought it was metal? I used to when I was like 13, but ten years later I've outgrown it and only listen to it when I want to feel nostalgic. And no, I don't like deathcore.

You get so upset about the dumbest shit! Calm down or you're going to die of high blood pressure before you hit thirty.

Where did I ever say I currently like nu-metal or thought it was metal? I used to when I was like 13, but ten years later I've outgrown it and only listen to it when I want to feel nostalgic. And no, I don't like deathcore.

You get so upset about the dumbest shit! Calm down or you're going to die of high blood pressure before you hit thirty.

He be one of dem trolls, best to ignore them

He's not a troll, he actually has a lot of useful/educated input in the music forums. Very fun to get him all pissed off though.

I could say the same about you. "I DON'T KNOW THE GENRES BUT YOU'RE SAYING SOMETHING FUCKED UP ABOUT THEM AND I'M GOING TO THROW IN MY 2 CENTS ABOUT SOMETHING I DON'T KNOW!!!"

Congratulations you're a fucking idiot.

you "fucking idiot!", because I dont know what bands play that shit doesnt mean Im foolsih child enough to say they arent metal, if they were not fucking metal just what the fuck do you call it... pop, country, rock n roll ?

your fucking moron tantrum throwing idjut !

There was no insult in my first post, theres all kinds of metal get the fuck over it, I do believe you are 14 or never matured past it.

you "fucking idiot!", because I dont know what bands play that shit doesnt mean Im foolsih child enough to say they arent metal, if they were not fucking metal just what the fuck do you call it... pop, country, rock n roll ?

your fucking moron tantrum throwing idjut !

There was no insult in my first post, theres all kinds of metal get the fuck over it, I do believe you are 14 or never matured past it.

What do I call it? It's hard rock mixed with rap generally. Does that sound like metal to you? Why don't you grow up and use your fucking head before making idiotic posts jackass.