Controversial opinions on metal

This razoredge guy is a fucking idiot wow. Do you want me to post more nu-metal so you can get more horrible music in your head?

and for the record, the bands you hear with the rehashed Metallica riffs and bro screams are metalcore bands (Trivium is probably the biggest Metallica ripoff of them all).

Disturbed is hard rock.

are you done now? we already proved that you are a complete idiot. but if you want to keep going I'm sure there are quite a few of us who would enjoy proving your idiocy some more.

@razoredge: If it's not metal to the right people, it's not metal.

Edit: how do you have over five thousand posts here?

The internet: serious business.

This razoredge guy is a fucking idiot wow. Do you want me to post more nu-metal so you can get more horrible music in your head?

and for the record, the bands you hear with the rehashed Metallica riffs and bro screams are metalcore bands (Trivium is probably the biggest Metallica ripoff of them all).

Disturbed is hard rock.

are you done now? we already proved that you are a complete idiot. but if you want to keep going I'm sure there are quite a few of us who would enjoy proving your idiocy some more.

dipshit, first of all if your talking to me talk to ME, dont be looking over your shoulder to your bros and talk about me as a third party. K... you fuckin twit ?

Did I say post more nu-metal songs or did I ask you if that represented the entire genre ? and your responce was "watch me be a twit bros" ?

Did I ask you what the other genres were on the other page you went off about not being "metal" ? Did you answer or was it more "hey bros, watch me be an even bigger dipshit then I was when I went off on Krampus because she mentioned other various music she listens to"... whats the answer "bro" ?

Disturbed is NOT hardrock, if they are lets reach back to the 80's and put many heavy metal bands under hardrock. Is this your defination of Disturbed or the generally accepted genre ? I know what hardrock is.

Again to remind you whats going on here, I said just because some sub genres of metal are not metal to you does not make them NOT metal. I ALSO SAID I know nothing specifically of the genres, I dont listen to that shit. Than rather than discussing your views on it you began your immature tantrum. You got back what you gave and it has been a blast. Very hard to believe your 30, something slipped somewhere.

well beside the fact the music sucks, to you guys its a insult to metal, to me its also a insult to rock especially hardrock. Thats represents the entire genre or you picked songs to suit your needs ? How does that relate to "industrial" ? I thought the last two had that industrial sound. Some riff that Bizkit riff must have taken all of two seconds to come up with. I thought nu-metal was that shit they play on that XM channel that sounds like rehashed metallic riffs with pissed off assholes at the microphone. So what genre is that then ?

It's not the hard rock like the 60's,70's,and 80's hard rock was . It's more like post grunge but more harder and with some funk,industrial,and rap influence.

Limbonic Art would be much much better with a real drummer. I do have somewhat of a silly drummer bias against most programmed drums, but in the case of Limbonic Art I simply don't see anything that the computer drums add to the mix, other from giving it a stiff and plastic feeling.

I forgot, so is this metalcore metal in your book or not ?

as far as idiocy goes you proved you are an idiot at conversing with others, that is all

It's not the hard rock like the 60's,70's,and 80's hard rock was . It's more like post grunge but more harder and with some funk,industrial,and rap influence.

Well congradulations Tom sometimes you can be a suprise, everything remotely heavy since the 80's also has metal influence and thus brings me to my series of questions. That should be simple enough for rational people to answer.

No I dont think the three songs posted are metal, I also dont think they are hardrock, thus why I asked if they represented the entire subgenre. This handful of the past 20 years of teenage subgenres is not understood by me... cause I havent been a teenager in decades, so the music never appealed enough to sort out.

This could have been simple... but NOOOOO

I forgot, so is this metalcore metal in your book or not ?

as far as idiocy goes you proved you are an idiot at conversing with others, that is all

Yeah, I would say metalcore is metal. Sadly. I think it sucks just as much as nu-metal, but it's actually rooted in metal sometimes (depending on the band it could be more rooted in hardcore)

Brad is correct. Some metalcore bands are more rooted in punk/hardcore, and some are more like adding modern/hardcore/metalcore influences to a metal base...if you wanna hear something like that, listen to the new Agrypnie.

I think he's just an old dude from America.

:lol: and :headbang:, grew up on early 70's hardrock, what I like to call premetal as well as other music.

CC, please tell me your not going to start on my grammer and spelling too, its old hat, do your best if thats your concern.

Im not looking for other music to listen too, I was hoping to sort these later subgenres for myself abit as well as the point of my first statement that for whatever reason started a tantrum. I dont like much of the new "styles" once the "vocals" kick in. I listen to old school and influenced bands, progressive metal/rock, blues, jazz, fusion. Im happy, especially when a new band comes out that fucking SINGS and isnt too melodic power metal.

Brad... I can appreaciate the civil post, thanks

This is quite the interesting e-duel.

I guess I'll go listen to more Immortal so I can come back and disappoint everyone when I say I still don't like it. I'm not paying for it though!

@Krampus - Immortal are fucking awesome. A little part of my heart died when you said you didn't like them. :(

Okay, I know this is a silly question but I've always wondered this. What is later "era" Slipknot. The albums with solos, faster tremolo picked riffs, occasional blastbeats and semi growls. I don't like that shit, but is it not metal? Just really crappy metal?