Controversial opinions on metal

well beside the fact the music sucks, to you guys its a insult to metal, to me its also a insult to rock especially hardrock. Thats represents the entire genre or you picked songs to suit your needs ? How does that relate to "industrial" ? I thought the last two had that industrial sound. Some riff that Bizkit riff must have taken all of two seconds to come up with. I thought nu-metal was that shit they play on that XM channel that sounds like rehashed metallic riffs with pissed off assholes at the microphone. So what genre is that then ?

If you're referring to bands like Trivium, that's metalcore. It's metal but generally regarded as bad metal, 90% of the time.

What genre is Disturbed technically placed in ? not your pompus opinion of the band.

Hard rock and you're a jew if you claim otherwise.

you fucking idiot, if you read my first post before Bradies wittle tantrum you will see I referenced no specific genre, ever in fact, all I said was just because its not metal to somebody doesnt mean its not metal. It sure the fuck aint hardrock to me. I also immeadiatly said I know nothing specifically of the genres you fucking dolt, the rest has been just to give you pussys back the line of crap you dish.

That's the thing. It's not just "not metal to somebody". It's pretty much UNIVERSALLY REGARDED, as not metal. Anybody with HALF A FUCKING BRAIN knows that Nu-metal is NOT METAL.

If you don't like the "lines of crap we dish", gtfo back to Old School go cry on some shoulders there. I can repost a link for you if you've lost your way.

Disturbed is NOT hardrock, if they are lets reach back to the 80's and put many heavy metal bands under hardrock. Is this your defination of Disturbed or the generally accepted genre ? I know what hardrock is.

Obviously not. If you weren't a complete fucking tard you'd realize that genres evolve. That is HARD ROCK. It has NO METAL CHARACTERISTICS or influences whatsoever.

Again to remind you whats going on here, I said just because some sub genres of metal are not metal to you does not make them NOT metal. I ALSO SAID I know nothing specifically of the genres, I dont listen to that shit.

Red part: As I said before, It's not just "not metal to him"... it's "not metal" to anybody who is educated in metal at all. It is "not metal to the entire metal community (everybody with serious interest/knowledge in the genre. So fucking cool it and stfu.

Green part: If you know nothing, don't be a fucking twit (or other weak british euphemism) and keep the fuck quiet.

Jesus Christ you take this way too seriously.

@Episteme about Slipknot, what Sapurmatarhahakelfman says. Sorry about the Immortal. They're not BAD but I just don't think they're great.

prog metal is almost as bad as power metal and the new burzum album kinda sounds like varg chanting "black metal is dead and I just hammered the last nail into its gay coffin" over and over for 50 minutes if you listen to it underwater

Slipknot is not metal. Stop listening to idiots.

Mate. Feed. Kill. Repeat. was the only remotely metal sounding thing they did. If you think otherwise, then just go back to listening to metal and stop talking about it because clearly you don't know shit.

"It's not metal!"

"But it has solos, blast beating sections, death growls? How is it not metal?"

"It's just fucking not metal"

"Why?"

"Fuck you! Shut up, it's not metal."

Looks like it's hard to get an explanation out of you Velocibrad. Seriously, I like alot of the bands you post and think highly of your recommendations but sometimes you just make absolutely no sense.

edit:

Sigh is very hit and miss with most of their albums.

It's the same answer I gave the other guy who wanted to know why nu-metal is not metal. Do you not read? is that beyond your comprehension as a Slipknot fan?

Just because a band has 4-5 songs that might qualify as metal out of an entire discography, does not make them a metal band. Which is why they are not a rap group either! Man that was hard to understand wasn't it?

It's the same answer I gave the other guy who wanted to know why nu-metal is not metal. Do you not read? is that beyond your comprehension as a Slipknot fan?

Just because a band has 4-5 songs that might qualify as metal out of an entire discography, does not make them a metal band. Which is why they are not a rap group either! Man that was hard to understand wasn't it?

but how do they make you feel

lol. I'm not a Slipknot fan, but meh. Just wanted an opinion.

If it looks like metal, sounds like metal and feels like metal but the band have a turntablist then it's hard rock.

Is that a new signature? Sounds like typical JGMetalhead, don't think I've seen the post though.

Relatively new. Click on the view post tab and prepare to be amazed by some of the most amazing in-depth analytical analysis and deep thought this world has ever seen.