Controversial opinions on metal

I still agree though. The world would probably be a better place if the human race wasn't around. Anyways, like he said lets get back on topic.

the human race is the shit, we own it up all the time, fuck all you damn hippies.

speaking of hippies, sort of, cynic's focus is fairly boring

also, perhaps more "controversially" among metalheads: I'm not a fan of misogynistic lyrics, even those so over the top as to be humorous. I'm fine with generalized misanthropy, satanism, or carcass-style gore, but I like women too much to appreciate the average Cannibal Corpse or Devourment tune

The human race has done nothing but twist and pervert. We bring destruction to us, and all those around us through our actions. I'm not going to say more, so lets stay on-topic.

Democracy? Literature? Industry? Science? Yeah, we fucked those up.

And the list goes on...

He's a troll.

As much as I disagree with what he's saying, at least he's asking that we get back on topic. How's that trolling?

speaking of hippies, sort of, cynic's focus is fairly boring

also, perhaps more "controversially" among metalheads: I'm not a fan of misogynistic lyrics, even those so over the top as to be humorous. I'm fine with generalized misanthropy, satanism, or carcass-style gore, but I like women too much to appreciate the average Cannibal Corpse or Devourment tune

Agree with you on the first, but since Devourment and CC have probably never actually done anything they write about in their songs and considering I'm pretty sure most of the Devourment dudes have fairly cool girlfriends and are nice guys, I think that is a very dumb rationale to not listen to music. I love my girlfriend very much but still think Devourment is the absolute motherfucking shit. You're SURE it's not something else putting you off?

If a band expressed the inferiority of guys with blonde hair and green eyes I would still listen to them if they made good music. :p

In other words I'm not the least bit affected by lyrics I disagree with.

Actually, no I wasn't. I was expressing my frustration at Life Sucks' little rant about lyrics that he likes to drag out every 10 minutes whether there was a given opportunity or not.
I was NOT just looking for another chance to rant. I was giving my opinion on Rage Against the Machine, and lack of girly lyrics is indeed one of the reasons I prefer them to other rock bands, along with their aggressive riffs.

That's somewhat inconsistant of you, considering you claim to be a practicing Christian who has no problem with anti-Christian lyrics.

Things Life Sucks never has to mention ever again because it's already accepted as a given:

He's German
He doesn't like jazz-influenced music
He doesn't like girly/relationship lyrics
He hates Led Zeppelin
He hates The Beatles
He's NOT gay!
He appreciates Black Sabbath's influences but thinks they're overrated
He would rather listen to Slipknot than Radiohead
He likes to find bands with black people in them

Feel free to add to the list, I'm off to school.

Haha you're right. However, I haven't explicity said all of those things repeatedly (many of them, yes). I'm obsessive complusive, and it shows.:lol: You're also missing a couple things, which I'm not going to mention.

Things Life Sucks never has to mention ever again because it's already accepted as a given:

He's German
He hates Led Zeppelin
He hates The Beatles
He's NOT gay!
He likes to call things gay.
fyp

He's German
He hates Led Zeppelin
He hates The Beatles
He's NOT gay!

Feel free to add to the list, I'm off to school.

He misses Big Dave.

(no homo)