Controversial opinions on metal

Acid Bath are awesome. Paegan Terrorism Tactics is better than When The Kite String Pops and one of the best albums ever recorded.

Am I the only person who likes extreme metal AND nu metal?

Nu metal may appear to be too mainstream for many [especially on this board] but I actually think that a lot of bands in the genre are good at what they do.

I agree with Slayer being incredibly inconsistent.

Effigy of the Forgotten is the greatest death metal album ever.

Obituary is horrible.

Opinion: it's okay for bands to continue sounding pretty much the same as they always have; i.e., to keep the style that made them successful in the first place.

Agree/disagree?

Not really. If a band can write several albums of the same style and of equal quality then fine, but I don't think that it's possible.

Let's see... Well there's the controversy against Metal in general, people say metal's only purpose (not including any core stuff, but more Thrash, Death, Black, Blackened, etc.) is to turn Americans into Satan worshipers, now I only speak for myself here, but I listen to Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Pantera, Iron Maiden, even boys like Vital Remains, (aka some of the bigger names in Metal) and I don't worship Satan in the least, I think the idea of a dark ruler is AWESOME but only if it's me, lol. Vote Slayer369 for dark overlord of earth! :kickass: :lol:

Anyways... Anyone agree with me on this controversy???