Controversial opinions on metal

IMO, Darkness Descends is the album most Slayer albums wish they were.

ddescendsms3.jpg

Am I the only one that likes newer (ie: Enemy of God-era... none of that Hordes of Chaos shit) Kreator? :erk:

I enjoy the latest albums, except Hordes of Chaos. They're one of my favourite live bands, also.

Terrible Certainty and Extreme Aggression are both kick-ass albums. I don't think Pleasure To Kill is any better than those two.

Coma of Souls is my favorite Kreator album.

Agreed.

Case in point - Warbringer.

First album was meh, second is awesome.

I love their last album, don't get why people hate them.

yea, Dodens, cool room. And you look so cute!

:lol:

Here's one that may be controversial. Quorthon's singing on Hammerheart is good. Not in the technical way, but the emotion he has in his voice.

Wasn't that discussed in the beginning of this thread?

I basically came to the conclusion that Quorthon's vocals are awesome because they don't make you think of some trained melodic vocalist but rather a common man, aka an average viking.

I would love to hear Nemtheanga do Bathory covers. Still haven't gotten into To The Nameless Dead, though. I think One Rode To Asa Bay is one of the best vocal performances ever. Fits perfectly.

Sauron is a prime example of how gay you are

I don't listen to them, but may I assume that for your reply to have any relevance to my post that they're an example of shitty poser black/thrash that stayed shitty power black/thrash? Because I never said that all bands get better with age.

Slayer has always been, and will probably always be true, no matter for how long they play. The day Slayer sell out hell will freeze :headbang:

Fail. Slayer sold out around Diabolus in Musica. They went with a trendier sound. Only recently have they even attempted going back to their old sound, but failing miserably. I guess Hell already froze over.