Controversial opinions on metal

I'm a huge Swedish death metal whore, it's my favorite style, and I can't stand Bloodbath. They just try to do with 50 other bands have already done and manage to be more sterile and boring at it. Bleh.

NMF is just damn solid modern death metal with a bit more atmosphere and melody than most. I can't see how somebody could hate it unless, say, they had some sort of obsession with OSDM that precludes the enjoyment of anything else. But I don't know anyone like that.

"The Fathomless Mastery" is one of my favorite death metal albums post-2000. I enjoy all of the tracks on the album and the replay value is infinity. It also contains some sick melodic undertunes, so I guess you`re the one who`s an sterile computer sounding nerd in this case.

I have the fathomless mastery. I played it the day I brought it home but never again. I might try it again, seeing as I'll be seeing them at Bloodstock.

"The Fathomless Mastery" is one of my favorite death metal albums post-2000. I enjoy all of the tracks on the album and the replay value is infinity. It also contains some sick melodic undertunes, so I guess you`re the one who`s an sterile computer sounding nerd in this case.

:puke:

They're pretty good but when I reach for a death metal album it's almost never them. Eaten is a fucking awesome song.

ach, really? The Fathomless Mastery? you've gotta be kidding me, the riffs are so stock. The outro of the whole album is absolutely gorgeous, everything else is meh.

I know man, it sucks. It's like, they were a good band back in their EP days but then they weren't really grim and kvlt and have a fan base and it just sucks.

Yeah, kinda like In Flames except their music sucked even when they weren't popular (oh yeah, and so did Bloodbath's).

I'm not going to lie, the only reason I even listened to Bloodbath, let alone liked them, is because of the band members. I never really thought the music was all that great. But then again, for me to like death metal it has to be pretty amazing/unique/kickass in the first place.

Bloodbath has atmosphere + groove + brutality at near-perfect proportions. few death metal bands do.

Maybe you should look into some of the bands that are actually considered good in this decade before you stick with that opinion. I used to love Bloodbath until I realized that Dead Congregation, Necros Christos, DeathevokatioN, Funebrarum, Ignivomous, Slugathor, Arghoslent, etc. put them to shame and highlighted their genericism.