Controversial opinions on metal

Yeah I uhh... don't listen to Motley Crue. Sorry guys.

Only pre-Cowboys Pantera song I dig is Power Metal's title track, and I like it ironically. The guitar work on some of the first few albums is pretty awesome, but the songs are terrible. And I'm not crazy about fancy guitar work in the first place.

Motley Crue's first two albums rule. That being said, the early material of a lot of glam metal bands is quite good.

The meathead fanboys are the ones that have ruined Darrell Abbott's reputation. He was a gifted player, period, despite the fact that nothing he played was groundbreaking. The same can be said about Jimmy Page or Ritchie Blackmoore. They're all incredible players, despite not being particularly innovative. Unfortunately, most Dimebag fans incite disgust by gushing about him being the greatest guitarist of all time, the world is worse off for losing him, blah blah blah. I hate those idiots to, but if you're going to deny Darrell Abbott's raw talent based on idiots like that, you're letting your personal prejudices dominate and depriving yourself of a pleasurable listening experience.

As in keep my opinions to myself?

I never said that

Not as bad as I remember. Power Metal is still easily the best thing they ever did.

I agree. Whatever has been posted on youtube from that album is fucking awesome. That is the only album I would really want to have re-issued as I would buy it.

That said, I enjoy CFH and VDOP and I consider CFH one of the best metal albums ever.

I consider CFH one of the best metal albums ever.

Brock_Lesnar_Profile_3_1.jpg

The meathead fanboys are the ones that have ruined Darrell Abbott's reputation. He was a gifted player, period, despite the fact that nothing he played was groundbreaking. The same can be said about Jimmy Page or Ritchie Blackmoore. They're all incredible players, despite not being particularly innovative. Unfortunately, most Dimebag fans incite disgust by gushing about him being the greatest guitarist of all time, the world is worse off for losing him, blah blah blah. I hate those idiots to, but if you're going to deny Darrell Abbott's raw talent based on idiots like that, you're letting your personal prejudices dominate and depriving yourself of a pleasurable listening experience.

Word. It's the same with Schuldiner, although I don't consider Chuck a gifted lead player, he was a great riff-writer and made some great and important albums. That's all. That doesn't make him OMG TEH BEST GITARIST EVA nor does it mean that everything Death did was great. And it's also a shame that all the Chucktards have incited shit like the anus .com backlash against him.

So I'm listening to Against Nature's Drawing Arrows and am failing to see the amazingness everyone claims it possesses. This sounds like a band I would hear at the bar I always go to. I have yet to be impressed with any of the riffs, and the singer to me is very uninspiring. (Not sure how controversial this will be, but I know it's on several top 10 lists)