Controversial opinions on metal

Slam death

Not that there's anything wrong with that. A band's slamming preferences are none of my business.

I'm thinking more along the lines of black metal, somthing blacklodge-ish. Death metal hasnt done shit for me in about a year.

It's my business insofar as that it's yet another invasion by white musicians who for some reason think metal and hip hop should be combined (sorry V5 and cookiecutter :p). You would've thought they would have learned their lesson after nu-metal.

Indeed. Certainly something worthy of branding into your skin as you thrash to The Awakening in an alcoholic stupor. I approve wholeheartedly.

Nothing like enhancing your heterosexuality by branding "Death metal isn't a fucking party" into your skin.

Controversial opinion: I like Pantera's Power Metal and select songs from Cowboys from Hell.

デッスメタルはファッキングパーティーじゃねぞ!

It is and they are, more or less. Pre-Anselmo Pantera has a few good songs though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I uhh... don't listen to Motley Crue. Sorry guys.

Only pre-Cowboys Pantera song I dig is Power Metal's title track, and I like it ironically. The guitar work on some of the first few albums is pretty awesome, but the songs are terrible. And I'm not crazy about fancy guitar work in the first place.

Pantera after Phil joined is awful.
Dimebag Darrell does not deserve any of the accolades he receives. Sorry, he can't write a riff to save his life, and his skills are greatly exaggerated.