Controversial opinions on metal

droneriot's review of Pale Folklore on M-A perfectly sums up my feelings about Agalloch.

I think most people who hate Agalloch/shoegaze BM are not listening to it for the right reasons and expect something with bombastic leads and excitement where none is intended

Is there even a thread on here for post-metal/shoegaze/drone/sludge type metal? I started looking but got bored and quit :( Figured I'd be lazy and ask.

As far as Agalloch goes, as I said on another thread here, I think Pale Folklore is a masterpiece. The rest of their releases are kind of hit-and-miss in some way or another. What irritates me about the band is how most of their discography consists of these limited edition EP's instead of actual full-length albums.

As far as Agalloch goes, as I said on another thread here, I think Pale Folklore is a masterpiece. The rest of their releases are kind of hit-and-miss in some way or another. What irritates me about the band is how most of their discography consists of these limited edition EP's instead of actual full-length albums.

Agalloch is win. Let's establish that.

. I haven't ordered/bought an album in months. : ( Nothing I want.

Hundreds of albums I want, zero dollar I have to buy them.

Maybe controversial?
German and Austrailian power metal is almost always ruined by the vocalist.

And I dont know if anyone else has heard it, but this is an exceptionally awesome album:

liege_lord_3.jpg

Dark Rock/Metal is awesome when done right. Metal could use more bands like Agalloch.