Controversial opinions on metal

'Power Metal' is a fantastic album indeed, definitely the best thing they have put out. Would love a re-issue.

I actually like Vulgar Display of Power too, shoot me! That and Cowboys are good stuff, I don't get the general hate for pantera on this board.

So I'm listening to Against Nature's Drawing Arrows and am failing to see the amazingness everyone claims it possesses. This sounds like a band I would hear at the bar I always go to. I have yet to be impressed with any of the riffs, and the singer to me is very uninspiring. (Not sure how controversial this will be, but I know it's on several top 10 lists)

Are you talking about that specific album or the band as a whole? I thought Accumulus was great.

I downloaded "Power Metal." It was okay. I only had a chance to listen to it once and now is not a good time for glam (too rainy and dreary), but I think I'll end up really liking it.

I know man, it sucks. It's like, they were a good band back in their EP days but then they weren't really grim and kvlt and have a fan base and it just sucks.

I dont really get the bloodbath hate here. I know they're just polished up swedish death metal to the 100th degree, but I think they're pretty enjoyable... and far catchier than most death metal. (maybe therein lies the problem)

I dont really get the bloodbath hate here. I know they're just polished up swedish death metal to the 100th degree, but I think they're pretty enjoyable... and far catchier than most death metal. (maybe therein lies the problem)

Neither do I, their only album not so enjoyable imo is the latest. All other stuff, including the EPs, sounds pretty good to me. The hate seems to be stupid prejudice to me.

Neither do I, their only album not so enjoyable imo is the latest. All other stuff, including the EPs, sounds pretty good to me. The hate seems to be stupid prejudice to me.

It's probably because Mikael Åkerfeldt and Peter Tagrten are/have been in the band. I know everyone around here denies it, but there is a definite tendency on this forum to hate anyone or anything that is popular. Also, The Fathomless Mastery starts off strong, but finishes kinda limp. Not bad overall, though.

no-shit-sherlock.jpg

I'll take it a step further and confess that there hasn't been a single Bloodbath release that I haven't thoroughly enjoyed

I know man, it sucks. It's like, they were a good band back in their EP days but then they weren't really grim and kvlt and have a fan base and it just sucks.

No.

I don't like boring, rockin' Swedish Death Metal that isn't Left Hand Path in general. Bloodbath is all of those things 10 years late veiled as some homage to the good ole' days; puke city. I'll give them one thing, at least that silly mid-tempo shit they do from time to time makes them distinguishable from any other band that recorded at Sunlight.

Bloodbath laid off a great deal with the whole "homage to OSDM" after Resurrection Through Carnage