Controversial opinions on metal

Not sure how controversial but:

Unanimated perfected the sound Dissection was going for. Ancient God of Evil takes what Dissection did with The Somberlain and creates a sense of atmosphere and melody that is unrivaled.

I will never understand the love some people have for Unanimated. To me it's always been so incredibly formulaic and juvenile, a death metal band with the compositional and structural depth of AC/DC.

Unanimated perfected the sound Dissection was going for. Ancient God of Evil takes what Dissection did with The Somberlain and creates a sense of atmosphere and melody that is unrivaled.

Does Unanimated sound that similar to The Somberlain? I need to hear this then.

Again, if we're going to talk about production, the bass is barely audible on Ancient God Of Evil. The album is full of twin guitar harmonies, which leaves the middle spectrum between the drums and the light melodies completely empty. Even when one of the guitars plays rythm, the lack of bass pulse makes the sound too sterile and lifeless.

I like Unanimated material but don't think it tops Dissection. Perhaps it's just a matter of taste, but I see both Somberlain and Storm of the Light's Bane as true classic Melodic Black / Death Metal.

I have NEVER heard In The Forest, but my main complaint about AGOE is the hideous album cover (no, jk, it's the fact that almost every song is written in the same format, and, while a catchy and compact format, it isn't really too compelling usually).

yeah ancient god of evil is p mediocre methinks

Yeah, I never saw it as anything too special and it gets dangerously close to melodeath at times. In the Forest of the Dreaming Dead is a lot better.

I like a lot of glam rock and metal such as early Motley Crue, early Twisted Sister, KISS, Quiet Riot, Skid Row, W.A.S.P., Dokken, L.A. Guns, New York Dolls, Aerosmith, etc. I consider it one of the better bastardizations of metal (and certainly better than metalcore and nu-metal).

I like a lot of glam rock and metal such as early Motley Crue, early Twisted Sister, KISS, Quiet Riot, Skid Row, W.A.S.P., Dokken, L.A. Guns, New York Dolls, Aerosmith, etc. I consider it one of the better bastardizations of metal (and certainly better than metalcore and nu-metal).

I agree.

That's because early Motley Crue, Skid Row, WASP, and probably some of the others you mentioned are about as glam as 80's Priest.

Too Fast For Love is an absolutely fantastic album. Shout At The Devil is also damn good. Theatre of Pain, Girls Girls Girls, and Dr. Feelgood are decidedly lesser albums, but all have some great songs. Under Lock And Key by Dokken is also an extremely consistent, catchy, and enjoyable album. Cinderella are pretty colossally shit. That's all I know about glam.

Not sure how controversial this is: Keeper of the Seven Keys pt 1 is pretty shit. There are a few good riffs and some amazing leads but overall the songs are weak and frequently not even really metal, and the overall feel of the album is way too fucking happy. It's definitely the happiest metal album I've ever heard, more so than even the faggiest Euro-power.

Not sure how controversial this is: Keeper of the Seven Keys pt 1 is pretty shit. There are a few good riffs and some amazing leads but overall the songs are weak and frequently not even really metal, and the overall feel of the album is way too fucking happy. It's definitely the happiest metal album I've ever heard, more so than even the faggiest Euro-power.

Don't agree with this at all. If anything I would say that KotSK's reputation as the first proper Euro-power album is vastly overstated, with the riffs still having a strong speed/thrash basis, the drumming not yet doublebassdoublebassdoublebassdoublebassdoublebassdoublebassdoublebass, and very minor (if any? I can't remember) keyboard usage. The only complaint I have with it is that the album is so short; only six real songs, all but the epic being in the three to four minute range.