Controversial opinions on metal

Nah, I buy it. Slayer were creating hellish, psychotic thrash and Araya's delivery was absolutely perfect for it. Metallica (RtL-AJFA, anyhow) were playing a more deliberate, melodic, and dare-I-say-intelligent brand of thrash and while Hetfield's vocals were excellent they weren't as perfect for that style as Araya's were for Slayer.

I'm not talking about who fits what band better, none of that crap even matters. But for the sake of arguing, I would say that Hetfield could've filled in for Araya a shit ton better than Araya could've for Metallica.

Either way, all Araya does is yell into a microphone whereas Hetfield could actually sing, with melody, and still retain that harsh, raspy sound which makes my man-vagina fucking drip like there's no tomorrow.

Hetfield is considered by many (myself included) to be among one of the best metal vocalists of all time. Araya is hardly, if ever, mentioned in that category, at least I don't see too many people list Araya in one of those 285982359235 different "whos ur fav metull vokillist?!?" threads.

Having said all that, I still like some of the stuff Araya has done, particularly on Slayer's earlier albums. But there's no freakin way I'd ever say Araya is a better vocalist than Hetfield, no way jose.

I think Slayer in general are overrated. I enjoy every othe rmajor thrash band rom the 80's more than Slayer. To me it just doesnt have "it". Its pretty boring music really. I'd take Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Testament, Coroner, Kreator etc over Slayer any day.

Araya is a much more technically proficient vocalist than Hetfield.
Just listen to that scream around 4:40

The only reason so many people put Hetfield in their list of best vocalists is because so many people are Metallica fan boys. And Hetfield sucks so much dick at singing these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Araya is pretty bad, but no where near the amount of dick suck that Hetfield has reached.
Seriously, what the fuck is this?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's an example of how he sings now
EDIT:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUMqqVOlJBs&feature=related[/ame]
Sucks so much dick. Absolutely no aggresion in his vocals here.

I don't see the problem with those vocals. It's raspy but clean vocals. Of course it's not GAAAAAARAAAGGGABLARRGGHH death vocals. It isn't supposed to be.

Edit: Most importantly, it fits the music. Araya has a generally bad sound, and he has no idea how to fit the vocals into a song.

Metallica should go back to the Load/Reload stuff, as his voice is better suited to it and they were better at it than they are at thrash nowadays.