Controversial opinions on metal

:lol:
But man, it's supposed to be controversial. You're getting butthurt
for no apparent reason. Save it for when it really matters. Like, NOT on internet forums.

Because, remember, people on the internet aren't real, and things said on the internet are not actually said.

I'm really sick of that tired logic.

:lol:
But man, it's supposed to be controversial. You're getting butthurt
for no apparent reason. Save it for when it really matters. Like, NOT on internet forums.

pretty sure this is about arguing some elses opinions etc. IF people just posted there thoughts, but no one retorted, the thread would have been dead long ago.

DarkBliss, do you really think arguing about metal opinions matters more anywhere in any walk of life than with faceless strangers appearing as names and words on a message board over the internet? Sorry, but that's dumb.

Actually, if you submit your opinion here, it will exist here, in this thread, for as long as the server is up. If you say it to someone IRL, it will only exist in the minds of you and the people who heard you say it.

pretty sure this is about arguing some elses opinions etc. IF people just posted there thoughts, but no one retorted, the thread would have been dead long ago.
Ok, fine then. But what's the point in replying: eat shit and die, you've insulted me by putting down one of my favorite bands." Seriously, anyone could do that: exchange blows and forget about it. You could ask him what aspect of the music he dislikes and why. This could lead to an interesting discussion.

And yet you include no brutal death bands in your sig.

Pfft, duh, they're not heavy enough. I only have around 8 bands in my sig, it's not like they're the only bands I listen to. :rolleyes: I also don't have Agalloch or Opeth in my sig, does that mean I don't care about softness in metal either? As if your sig says everything about you? Hahaha. Seriously guys, gain some reading comprehension. I never implied that I only like metal that is very heavy or that heaviness was one of my top 1,000 most important criteria for deciding what bands to listen to. What I said is that the heaviest bands aren't very heavy, which they are not.

To the thread...

Ya'll laugh at me for liking Pantera and Lamb Of God, when those are 2 very soft metal bands. So obviously I like soft and melodic metal, yes? Why would someone bring that up as a diss in this discussion, when that "diss" proves that they're not even paying attention to what I'm saying, they're believing what ever they want about me regardless of the obvious facts.

Also, if heaviness doesn't matter at all, what's the advantage of brutal death metal in the first place? Why doesn't everybody just play melodic death metal if melody is all that's important to you guys? If you agree that heaviness has any valid point what-so-ever, then my desire for heavier metal is not shallow.

The advantage of brutal death metal is heaviness and rhythmic intensity. You're a moron if you don't think something like Abominable Putridity is heavy ffs.

The advantage of brutal death metal is heaviness and rhythmic intensity. You're a moron if you don't think something like Abominable Putridity is heavy ffs.

Uhh.... yeah, that's a great judgment to make. And you're mentally retarded if you don't think the Mona Lisa is a heartbreaking painting of utter woe. See what I did there? It's subjective, numbskull.

Secondly, when did I ever say Abominable Putridity isn't heavy? It's just not as heavy as it could be. After I was listening to metal for even just a little while, "heaviness" gave way to just melody, none of that stuff sounds destructive or dissonant to me anymore. And that's all I'm saying. I'm not saying destructive dissonance is what metal should be about or it's the thing I like about metal or anything of that sort.

peace, brother. :headbang:

Totally with you on the advantage of brutal death fyi.