Controversial opinions on metal

The Ozzman said:
Blast beats piss me off when done in the style of Vital Remains, so EVERY SINGLE MOMENT OF EVERY SONG

Fake as fuck. So Vital Remains fail twice. :lol:

As do 1349.

But Origin...believe it or not, they mix it up. Longstreth is the cuntripper of drummers. Never question the power of Longstreth. ;)

And Cryptopsy's good too. Good blasturbation vs. bad blasturbation, as Life Sucks pointed out.

Oh hey, I've got a good one.

I like Domination better than Covenant- in fact, I like Covenant the least of MA's first four.

Oh hey, I've got a good one.

I like Domination better than Covenant- in fact, I like Covenant the least of MA's first four.

I love Covenant. It's got a great dark Celtic Frost/Venom sorta vibe, especially on Angel Of Disease. Don't really like Domination.

To be entirely honest I'm a bit dissapointed at how soft metal is. I think it should be heavier. Like, blast beats all the time, just total sonic destruction. Not ALL metal should be like that (far, far from it), but I do feel like the "heaviest" bands aren't nearly heavy enough. Too much melody, not enough massacring of the ears. I mean bands like Cryptopsy were very heavy when I started listening to them, but now all I hear is melody. I guess it's like a heroin addiction, I keep needing a heavier sound just to get back to how heavy it used to feel.

:rolleyes:

Not my fault that metal isn't as heavy as it could be. If you're not into it for the heaviness to any extent at all, then why aren't you just listening to jazz instead? In it for the violent lyrics?

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is what happens when you get introduced to Metal through Pantera and Lamb Of God. You have a warped perception of what Metal is supposed to be.

:rolleyes:

Not my fault that metal isn't as heavy as it could be. If you're not into it for the heaviness to any extent at all, then why aren't you just listening to jazz instead? In it for the violent lyrics?

Dude, you've got Enthrone Darkness Triumphant as your avatar. That album wasn't great because of blastbeats, heaviness and lack of melody. Nearly the opposite in truth.