Controversial opinions on metal

If you go back and read properly, you'll see that I not only did not give a definition of art, but I also implied that it's most likely impossible to give a completely satisfiable definition of art universally, but that doesn't mean that we can't talk about art nor does it mean that we can't supply working definitions of art, necessary conditions rather than sufficient.

Yeah I know you didn't, I was just saying that as an aside. I don't really think this discussion is necessary or even useful at this point.

The basic root is the latin 'ars', which, of course, means 'art.' However, ars and its descendants (art, artificial, artifice, etc.) probably are derived from the proto Indo-European root AR, which seems to have perhaps initially had to do with agricultural labour, perhaps plowing. The basic implication of course, is the underlying idea of human work, the creation of something by the sweat of the brow, so to speak.

Be aware that the fundamental meanings of certain words can change just as much as the spellings of the words themselves, especially as they are adopted by newer languages.

Since people brought up, and decided to make fun of my hangups, why don't I reiterate one that fits in this thread: I fucking hate it when the drums are so loud that they overpower the guitars to the point that you can't clearly distinguish what they are playing. Often, it's during blast beats.

^ that's "genius," not "genious." Although I agree with you ("never" seems strong, but your overall point is dead-on).

Blast beats rule when exercised within reason (see Repulsion).

1349 is the incorrect way to do blast beats. :puke: