Controversial opinions on metal

Did you listen to my noise project tbh?

Yeah, it's awesome.

How heavy should they be?

Heavy enough that even after a few listens it will still sound remotely destructive and dissonant. ;) And even if that's not possible, they could still get a hell of a lot heavier than they are. And I think it's a shame that the heaviness potential has yet to be entirely fulfilled.

What I said is that the heaviest bands aren't very heavy, which they are not.
Who do you consider the heaviest band, and how do you think they can be heavier? I think Devourment is pretty much as heavy as it gets. Tons of gravity blasts, tons of regular blasting, heavy as fuck downtuned slam riffs.... And there is so much distortion on the guitar that you can't even distinguish pitch. It's totally chaotic and crushing.

Who do you consider the heaviest band, and how do you think they can be heavier? I think Devourment is pretty much as heavy as it gets. Tons of gravity blasts, tons of regular blasting, heavy as fuck downtuned slam riffs.... And there is so much distortion on the guitar that you can't even distinguish pitch. It's totally chaotic and crushing.

For determining the "heaviest bands" I just went to that thread about "name the heaviest band you can think of" and listened to the ones that I wasn't already familiar with.

Devourment is very heavy and I love them. But they could easily be heavier. All they'd have to do is make it a constant assault. Blasts all the time, not as much melody and movement. To the point where it's almost like noise, but it'd still be metal. I mean, I have trouble explaining it, but I can hear it in my head as clear as day, and it's a lot heavier than Devourment. I assume that someday heavier bands will exist anyway, so we can check them out then. Of course... I guess it's important to note how everybody's opinion of what's heavy is different.

:headbang:

Have you ever heard Disgorge (Mex)? Their albums Chronic Corpora Infest and Forensick are about as close as brutal deathgrind gets to absolutely ridiculous noise. I think you'd love it.

Megadeths rust in peace is not a great thrash album, I would question if its even thrash, its bubblegum sell out crap!

So far so good so what was full of anger venom and spite, it was awesome, RIP is full of guitar wanking, pathetic lyrics and cotton wool solos, what a crock!! :yuk:

Noise isn't based on drums and guitars, in my experience. The noise I've heard is based on drone feedback. As for what equals heaviness, it goes without saying that it's a question of opinion.