Controversial opinions on metal

Early doesn't always equal better (though more often than not, it does). I prefer mid-discography Dimmu Borgir over new and old Dimmu, for example. I know most people are of opinion "A" (All Dummy Burger sux ballz) or opinion "B" (Stormblast and For All Tid is good, everything else sucks), but I'm secure in my manhood, so I'm not afraid to admit to my preference for ETD, SBD, and PEM.

Considering they were one of the most importany bands in the creation of death metal, technical death metal, and progresive death metal, I'd say they do.

Cynic and Atheist contributed way more to those styles than Death ever did. Seriously, Death's role in the development of those styles is constantly overstated.

A decent band that were always ruined by awful vocals. I dont care which album. I cant stand listening to any of them because of it (and how many vocalists have they had - like 3 or 4 or something).
Wtf? Cryptopsy's 1996 None So Vile has one the most brutal Growls in Death Metal History.

Early doesn't always equal better (though more often than not, it does). I prefer mid-discography Dimmu Borgir over new and old Dimmu, for example. I know most people are of opinion "A" (All Dummy Burger sux ballz) or opinion "B" (Stormblast and For All Tid is good, everything else sucks), but I'm secure in my manhood, so I'm not afraid to admit to my preference for ETD, SBD, and PEM.
Dimmu Borgir is probably the worst overrated gay ass band out there. I won't even call them Black Metal because they are a disgrace to this genre.

Old or New, they suck cock.

Don't be stupid. Stormblast, Enthrone Darkness Triumphant, Spiritual Black Dimensions, and Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia are all awesome albums. Some of the best black metal I've ever listened to.

You're a goof.

EDT and Stormblast are good but that's it. Even then they're not great albums.

It is a trend amongst 'veterans' and frankly I think its not always a good one.
The examples you gave... I think Painkiller is a kickass album BUT I agree with you on Stained Class being better... however I disagree with you on Hell Awaits being better than Reign in Blood. I think had Hell Awaits been produced better it could have beat RIB but the production and consistency of RIB put it just a notch ahead in my book. The title track to Hell Awaits however is my fav Slayer song and Kill Again would also make my top 5 with several other tracks being favs for sure.

Hell Awaits is great, but Raining Blood is perhaps the best metal album so far. Along with Master of Puppets of course. And that's opinion of course, though I'm sure vigorous arguing is coming.