Controversial opinions on metal

Bathory is another one of those influential bands who are not as good as people make them out to be, although I must admit, Blood Fire Death is an immense piece of work. Nothing else they've released touches it though.

I can listen to Slam and bash Barnes because Barnes has terrible gutturals, and it doesn't fit the shitty pseudo death-thrash of the first few CC albums.

Both his early, BM works and the Epic/Viking albums are great.

My favourites are Bathory, Under the Sign of the Black Mark, Blood Fire Death, Hammerheart, Twilight of the Gods and Nordland (I and II).

Bathory is awesome, and if you disagree, you should stop listening to metal, cut your balls off with a pencil, and tie yourself to an old(yet running) train track.

You really should check out Bathory and Under the Sign at the very least.

I've listened to some stuff from Bathory. The production was slightly bad and too quiet. I like a nice, thick wall of sound. I'm really picky when it comes to these things. I downloaded Under the Sign just a bit ago. Going to give it a listen later.

It's hard for someone who's top 8 has bands like Underoath and He Is Legend to understand the greatness that is Blood Fire Death.