Controversial opinions on metal

Mastodon is streamlined "sludge" for hipsters. Awful music.

Opeth would be good if they stripped away the acoustic bullshit, and cut out all the repetitive go nowhere parts of their songs, and just wrote death metal..... wait a second, nevermind. Bloodbath sucks too.

Mastodon's first couple albums sound like they were trying to break their instruments.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3HVLyI-t3E&a=GxdCwVVULXf3jvs-pyIE0wbElWlS0QRJ[/ame]

Wtf is 'hipster' about that? Calling shit hipster is ass anyway...

Last edited by a moderator:

Opeth would be good if they stripped away the acoustic bullshit, and cut out all the repetitive go nowhere parts of their songs, and just wrote death metal..... wait a second, nevermind. Bloodbath sucks too.

Well aren't we obscure here.

God I hope I'm as cool as you someday.

highfive.gif

Oh, I'm so very cool. I just dislike Mastodon immensely, and all those bands like Baroness and the ilk that are coming out of the woodwork nowadays. Terribly boring music. Eyehategod did everything so much better.

Get decent taste in music before you post any opinions. And no I don't give a fuck if you think Bloodbath sucks, but just get decent taste in music please.

Of course, bash my taste because I like slam. I guess me loving Purgatory Afterglow isn't enough. You know next to nothing about my musical taste, so how about you stop being a nitpicky cunt and let me have my opinion?

Blackened Folk > Black Metal & Folk Metal. The combination simply captures an amazing sound that little can match. The black metal injects a certain seriousness into the often "goofy" sounding folk metal, and the unique folk melodies and themes adding a certain richness to vanilla BM.