Controversial opinions on metal

Oh, I'm so very cool. I just dislike Mastodon immensely, and all those bands like Baroness and the ilk that are coming out of the woodwork nowadays. Terribly boring music. Eyehategod did everything so much better.
And Crowbar did it even better.
Along with Acid Bath if you consider that Sludge.

Blackened Folk > Black Metal & Folk Metal. The combination simply captures an amazing sound that little can match. The black metal injects a certain seriousness into the often "goofy" sounding folk metal, and the unique folk melodies and themes adding a certain richness to vanilla BM.

I like plain ol' BM a lot but I still agree with this.

I prefer straight BM. I only like some blackened folk. I like Enslaved, I like Falkenbach, I like Kroda and Temnozor, I LOOOOOVE Drudkh.

But that's really all I can think of.

I prefer minimalistic, lo-fi, buzzy BM more. :)

I was surprised to see that guy get flamed. I was under the impression that most people here agree that Mastodon, Opeth, and Bloodbath all suck. Is it just because what he said was obvious or too overt?

Minimalistic, lo-fi buzzy BM is the best.

Also, I don't enjoy Neurosis in the least, despite the fact that Albini records them. I want to dig them but they're just bland.

I agree, although I don't mind myself some Mastodon from time to time, gundamterran actually has some sense when it comes to metal and does not deserve the flaming a la Death Delirium style.

I was surprised to see that guy get flamed. I was under the impression that most people here agree that Mastodon, Opeth, and Bloodbath all suck. Is it just because what he said was obvious or too overt?

Minimalistic, lo-fi buzzy BM is the best.

Also, I don't enjoy Neurosis in the least, despite the fact that Albini records them. I want to dig them but they're just bland.

I don't think you could have packed more statements I disagree with in one post if you tried.

Maybe it's because some of us are smart enough to realize a band may not 'suck' just because we don't like their sound.

*skims thread*

I sincerely doubt that's the reason.

I'm sure we all do know that, deep down inside. But obviously that's not the etiquette of this thread, so attacking someone for it at this point would make absolutely no sense.

I don't think you could have packed more statements I disagree with in one post if you tried.

Ewwwww... you like that beefy pro-tools black metal? The Backstreet Boys' producer has no place in the world of black metal. None at all. All those ultra-clean producers can go record Hair Metal bands and stop fucking over good bm.

By "minimalistic, lo-fi fuzzy BM" I sure as hell hope you don't mean that "greatest black metal album of the 00's". Also, that's not in the tradition of Burzum AT ALL. More like in the tradition of 666Satanic Army666.