Controversial opinions on metal

look if i wanted drone i'd just turn up the distortion to "insane" on my line 6 spider amp, downtune my thrift store peavey raptor and tune it to A338 instead of A440, and whack the E string with my penis

THE CONNOISSEUR OF SWEDEATH HAS SPOKEN.

There is awful crap from every genre so (not at anyone in particular) don't act like I'm putting Korpiklaani or Finntroll on some pedestal.

Drone seems like one of those genres that comes dangerously close to being completely based on back story or listener interpretation. Like the rawest black metal, you're only one step away from becoming Impaled Northern Moonforest.

look if i wanted drone i'd just turn up the distortion to "insane" on my line 6 spider amp, downtune my thrift store peavey raptor and tune it to A338 instead of A440, and whack the E string with my penis

+1. :lol: I have that amp so I know what you mean. Good description of drone.

Mudvayne is actually musically/technically fucking good, especially Ryan goddamned Martinie.

I agree. I like Mudvayne's first album because of the basslines on there, and because some of the song structures aren't the usual verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge/chorus of nu-metal.

Can't stand anything after L.D. 50 though.