Controversial opinions on metal

Schwärzung;9329958 said:
Any of these shit on the face of any Canadian band I've heard.

Then you haven't heard Nickelback.

But seriously, we have some amazing bands like The Agonist, Betrayer, Anvil, and RUSH to name a few. There are a shitload more if you google it.

I'm not trying to stir any shit up but I'd somehow forgotten my current favourite bands,Sacriphyx and Misery's Omen who both happen to be Australian.Don't get me wrong i'm not really that patriotic and this country can be as fucked as the next at times,I just was really quite shocked at certain attitudes on this forum...but each to their own,if we all had identical tastes the world would be pretty boring :)

I'm not trying to stir any shit up but I'd somehow forgotten my current favourite bands,Sacriphyx and Misery's Omen who both happen to be Australian.Don't get me wrong i'm not really that patriotic and this country can be as fucked as the next at times,I just was really quite shocked at certain attitudes on this forum...but each to their own,if we all had identical tastes the world would be pretty boring :)

Fuck 'em dude. Australia has an awesome scene and anybody who thinks otherwise has their head in their ass or simply does not like death metal and black/thrash.

I think diSEMBOWELMENT, Portal, Striborg, Wither, Austere (and related projects, Abyssmal Sorrow etc) definitely do the job as far as "representing" Australia goes. Fully counteracts vile shit like Nickelback anyway

The problem with the Canadian metal scene as of late is that we've been producing way too many godawful metalcore bands that have garnered a fair amount of success. Asides from Gorguts, what are really producing in terms of decent death metal? Augury? Neuraxis? Ex Deo? Quo Vadis? Into Eternity? All pretty boring and bland. The last two aren't really death metal either, I suppose. Kataklysm have not released anything interesting since the mid 90s for fuck's sake.

We may have a history of great metal bands, but places like Australia really are churning out quality as of late, minus Striborg because fuck that guy and his bullshit.

Then you haven't heard Nickelback.

But seriously, we have some amazing bands like The Agonist, Betrayer, Anvil, and RUSH to name a few. There are a shitload more if you google it.

The Agonist are seriously shit. Sorry but they are. The singer is hot which makes me kind of wish they were good so I could justify having a poster of her / seeing them live or whatever, but no.

Canada has Blasphemy, Conqueror, Cremation, Axis of Advance, Sacramentary Abolishment, Weapon, Revenge, Adversarial, Ouroboros, Begrime Exemious, to name a few off the top of my head. All good stuff.