Controversial opinions on metal

You probably won't like war metal much if you're not into Conqueror or Blasphemy. Other stuff you can try would be Black Witchery, Revenge, Perversor (this one is more thrashy than the others).

Yeah it may not be my favorite. I did like Angelcorpse a fair bit, think the rawness (or shitty Youtube quality) of what I heard from Conqueror and Blasphemy was off-putting. I like the drumming a lot. I'll give those recs a go, I guess I was expecting war metal to be more similar to 80s thrash so "more thrashy than the others" sounds promising!

My favorite bands are Disturbed, Metallica, and Pantera. And yet, I also like bands like Nickelback, Daughtry, Simple Plan, etc. And I don't hate Justin Bieber either. I don't have his music on my iPod because he's not my genre...however I think he is very talented.

I would suggest you find a different forum, then. Not because I don't think you're brutal enough but just because I suspect your taste will coincide fairly little with the prevailing taste of the rest of the forum and it will lead to lots of flaming. Feel free to stick around, but be aware that the only one of those bands that isn't totally hated by most people around here is Metallica and even they get shat on all the time.

My favorite bands are Disturbed, Metallica, and Pantera. And yet, I also like bands like Nickelback, Daughtry, Simple Plan, etc. And I don't hate Justin Bieber either. I don't have his music on my iPod because he's not my genre...however I think he is very talented.

Solid! Which era Metallica and Pantera do you like best?

Yeah it may not be my favorite. I did like Angelcorpse a fair bit, think the rawness (or shitty Youtube quality) of what I heard from Conqueror and Blasphemy was off-putting. I like the drumming a lot. I'll give those recs a go, I guess I was expecting war metal to be more similar to 80s thrash so "more thrashy than the others" sounds promising!

War metal is basically "bestial" black/death metal basically.

st anger is metallica's best record
slipknot is amazing
the only grindcore I think is any good is napalm death
children of bodom suck
lamb of god bore me to tears
ghaal was gorgoroth's best vocalist
black sabbath is over-rated kinda

slipknot is amazing
children of bodom suck

1. It's alright but to say it's greater than the first five..yuck.

2. I actually agree (don't hurt me).

3. Perhaps you should explore the genre more.

4. No.

5. No.

6. Agree.

7. NO!

slipknot is amazing
children of bodom suck

person signs up and says slipknot is amazing what a surprise. never seen that happen before. also figures someone who thinks slipknot is "amazing" likes St Anger so much.

no.
lmao more like complete shit.
listen to more grind
yes
yes
not even close
no

slipknot is amazing
children of bodom suck

have you actually listened to the first albums?
slipknot is awful
I don't even like ND. I don't like grindcore
yes
agreed, except for a couple of songs
yes
no fucking way, ozzy era is awesome

I know this sort of sounds daft, but I'd like to know how you guys differentiate between black/death and blackened death. Though I do notice a stylistic difference between the bands that are associated with the former [Blasphemy, Beherit, etc] and the latter [ Belphagor and Behemoth].

I would say black/death has more black elements than blackened death, begin black/death a mix of both styles and blackened death being death with occasional black elements.

Anyway I'm not that sure about this

What i find very interesting is the older 'bestial' bands like,Sad X and Bestial Warlust who actually went out of their ways to be known as 'death' metal.Particularly amusing is Sadistik Exekution who used to rally against modern BM,by saying 'Only Death is real',apparently it was'nt uncommon in Sydney to see them driving around in some shitty beaten up car with Dave Slave or Rok hanging out the window waving a claw hammer yelling out 'Only Death is real'....no shit!.Rok was known for a while to come on stage with witty slogans written on his guts such as 'Fukk Off Norway' and stuff like that,they even have a couple of albums called 'Fukk' and 'Fukk II'.At one stage these bands(obviously Bestial Warlust is now defunct and does not care),seemed desperate to distance themselves from modern BM.And also one time in the early nineties Sad Ex managed to make it onto some Australian kiddies show.I bet Dave Slave was licking his fucking lips.So many legendary stories about this band,bordering on hysterical,especially their ill fated tour of Europe.