Controversial opinions on metal

Gorgoroth only had 2 good albums. Pentagram and Antichrist. Under the Sign of Hell was decent. Once Gaahl took over vocals the band went to shit.

I also think that CC are overrated, personally I don't like them that much.
Death has some fucking awesome albums, being Symbolic the best IMO.

Death is arguably my favourite band. I'll never understand the hate the band gets on these forums (I'm not sure who here actively hates Death at the moment but I know over the years there have been many users that trashed Death and Chuck directly)

As for a favourite Death album, I can't pick one.

I also can't stand grindcore. The only bands I can tolerate in some capacity are Napalm Death and Pig Destroyer.

CC suck.

Dark Tranquillity are the most consistent group in modern metal.

its just as soon as Chuck Schuldiner died 1000's of fanboys emerged hailing him as the second coming of christ (which happens almost everytime a musician dies) don't get it twisted Death was a great band and chuck was an inovator its just that there is better death metal out there

Amon Amarth are absurdly consistent. I've never met anyone who liked only some of their output aside from a few for whom only Sorrow Throughout the Nine Worlds is kvlt enough.

I think Motorhead deserve some sort of award for career-long consistency, as well.

Oh look, a conversation about Death

do-not-want.jpg

cannibal corpse is paint-by-numbers death metal. they are the musical equivalent of Cliff's Notes in that they offer nothing in the way of emotion or substance

J. is completely right here. I enjoy Kill and there are a few songs here and there that are quality but overall it's pretty shit.

cannibal corpse is one of the only death metal bands even worth listening to anymore (that still record/write). because they still make great records not clinging to the nostalgia of previous works, death was a great band but CC is still going strong