Controversial opinions on metal

"pit of zombies" is pretty good but i wouldn't go so far as to say CC are one of the ONLY DM bands worth listening to. you surely don't mean that.

cannibal corpse is one of the only death metal bands even worth listening to anymore (that still record/write). because they still make great records not clinging to the nostalgia of previous works, death was a great band but CC is still going strong

This might be the worst post I've read on this forum yet. CC is one of the only death metal bands worth listening to? lmao.

I happen to be of the opinion that Cannibal Corpse has crafted some of the most memorable and well written songs in death metal.

For me, what you described only applies to Tomb of the Mutilated and Kill. Everything in between is the exact opposite. It's just bland, unmemorable, and technical just for the sake of being technical (and even other tech death songs have more character than those CC albums). I haven't listened to Evisceration Plague yet, but the style of their songs beginning with Kill shifted to being less overt-technicality to more heaviness and grooviness, which I like.

Although many bands in the LLN are decent (and many more useless), Arkha Sva is a better band then all of them, and barely relate to the LLN.

For me, what you described only applies to Tomb of the Mutilated and Kill. Everything in between is the exact opposite. It's just bland, unmemorable, and technical just for the sake of being technical (and even other tech death songs have more character than those CC albums). I haven't listened to Evisceration Plague yet, but the style of their songs beginning with Kill shifted to being less overt-technicality to more heaviness and grooviness, which I like.

Bloodthirst also contains a lot of that "heavy groove" you're talking about. I do agree about TOM, it's definitely their best Barnes-era album.

What the fuck is with all these new fish spouting this ridiculous amateur bullshit?

Cry Moar?

crymoar.png

I definately wouldnt go as far as saying CC is the ONLY death metal band worth listening to because thats just fucking stupid...Or to say that they are shit...I've liked everything CC did up until Bloodthirst because I am partial to Barnes' vocals in CC than Fisher's. (I dont want to start Barnes vs. Fisher just stating my opinion). Fisher shouldve stayed in Monstrosity and Barnes never shouldve never ever developed Six Feet Under.

I've never understood the love for The Chasm. I understand that compositionally it's pretty much perfect, and the melodies can be great sometimes, but overall it's just a bore for me.

First four Cannibal Corpse albums are good-to-great death metal. Anything afterwards aside from select songs can eat me.

The Chasm are pretty boring and they sound like shit.

I was gonna make a joke about how you're white trash, how nobody should fucking listen to you, and how I hope you drown in a vat of Bud Light, but you'd probably take it as a compliment.

Also: Bloodbath sucks.