Controversial opinions on metal

Here's a controversial Summoning opinion. Dol Guldur isn't as good as Minas Morgul nor anything made after it.
On the plus side, I think the songs are more engaging maybe because they're shorter and slightly less repetitive. On the down side, the keys are pretty aggravating on Minas Morgul. Hmm, I'll have to listen to it again. I still prefer Dol Guldur, though.

I've never really gotten Stronghold either. Everything just sounds so distant on it, and the drums are plastic.

I love the synths on Minas Morgul. "The Passing of Grey Company" is one of my favorite Summoning songs. And Stronghold is underrated.

Except Lugburz, which is an awesome album and anybody who disagrees is a faggot who sucks dicks whenever he can get his hands on one (or more).

I think Burzum is ridiculous, buzzing tedium wrapped up in snoozonium and smothered in a crap-sauce.
Agreed.

I don't like Summoning at all. Overloading average, mid to slow paced bore fayres with parping casio-fests does not a great band make.
Agreed again.

pt.gif

:cool:
You betchur Brazilian ass they're cool.

Traditionally Dol Guldur and Nightshade Forests has always been my favs, but Stronghold is moving up there (except for the Nightwish wannabe track, When Hope and Daylight Die). Everything they've done is superb though.

I don't like the vocals on Where Hope and Daylight Die. That woman sounds out of tune to me sometimes. I keep trying to get into Summoning, because they have most of the tenets that I like in metal. I'm just not a fan of the production, and some of the songwriting seems stale.

I like Summoning, but I will say they are overrated. I'm not the biggest fan of completely keyboard dominated bm. Nazgul might be the exception to this, and on an unrelated note, I think their vocals rule.