Controversial opinions on metal

Pavor are actually pretty wanky, whether it's the ridiculously long songs with the (really cool yet probably off-putting) slow/mid-paced meandering almost-black-metal riffs or the fucking off-the-cuff basslines. However they are fucking awesome so who cares.

Gorod and Gory Blister are among the most tasteful (and talented) tech death bands.

Also how you could say bad tech death is cramming notes into shit and listing Crimson Massacre as good makes my head explode.
Crimson Massacre's music is very well written and arranged. It's not merely an illogical sequence of random notes played as fast as possible.

Crimson Massacre isn't simply cramming notes into shit, every riff is in some way related to the overall 'theme' of each composition. They took forever to understand but man they're an amazingly fulfilling listen for me now.

Sounds like a load of shit to me, guess I wasn't tuning my ears to the right frequency.

Matt Barlow, while technically talented, is the worst of all Iced Earth vocalists and cheesiest too. Perhaps this is my sole observation, but people seem to have "jizzfests" over this man. I personally find him a little boring and very cheesy. Perhaps that's just me and my "controversial" opinion.

I think Iced Earth is lame, period. Even their band name is lame. :lol:

I don't hate all cheesy metal, either.

denying he's a good singer makes you a faggot tbh, im pretty far from a IE fanboy if barely a hardcore fan(really only like 2 albums alot) but he defitenely is mad good

Matt Barlow, while technically talented, is the worst of all Iced Earth vocalists and cheesiest too. Perhaps this is my sole observation, but people seem to have "jizzfests" over this man. I personally find him a little boring and very cheesy. Perhaps that's just me and my "controversial" opinion.
He can put on a good live show. That's for sure. And this is judging by Alive in Athens. I also enjoy cheesiness. But a lot of the time I mostly hear it during the slower parts. My favorite vocals of his are on Burnt Offerings. They seem to be a lot more aggressive on a lot of the songs on it. But one thing that saddened me was when I saw him as a cop right after I watched Alive in Athens. He cut his long ass hair.