Controversial opinions on metal

IE050208_027.jpg

Is it just me or does that dude with the glasses look like Zeph a bit?

Also, what's with all the Schaffer pictures?

Matt Barlow's mid-octave vocals are fucking horrendous, and anyone who disagrees with this is just fucking lying.

waking the fallen is the best metalcore album i've heard
john pretucci has tons of emotion in his guitar playing
behemoth is nothing special
most black metal is nothing special

Yes to all... imo. :kickass:

I see being a lover of music as an investment of time and money. That means I'm willing to sacrifice resources for other purposes.

Keep it to yourself, being an outspoken CD buying vigilante is almost or just as annoying as bragging about how much you download. All things in moderation ;)

Crimson Massacre's music is very well written and arranged. It's not merely an illogical sequence of random notes played as fast as possible.
Pavor are really bad and so are Crimson Massacre.IMO. In addition, Pavor have one of the most tedious and monotonous vocalists I've ever heard.
The Sound of Perseverance is actually a great album. It's heavy fucking metal. Perhaps a bit wanky on the sides, but not less so than the so cool to like Windham Hell. Even the guitar tone is pretty similar.

Pavor are really bad and so are Crimson Massacre.IMO. In addition, Pavor have one of the most tedious and monotonous vocalists I've ever heard.
The Sound of Perseverance is actually a great album. It's heavy fucking metal. Perhaps a bit wanky on the sides, but not less so than the so cool to like Windham Hell. Even the guitar tone is pretty similar.
I disagree. Pavor are great, and perhaps among the best musicians to ever play metal.

Controversial opinion:

I would rather listen to tech death than power metal or prog metal

And I'm not a huge tech death fan overall.

Motorhead's Ace of Spades is not much.

Entombed's Left Hand Path is a bit overrated.

Lamb of God are not bad. Actually, I like their earlier albums, but their recent ones are weak.

Controversial opinion:

I would rather listen to tech death than power metal or prog metal

And I'm not a huge tech death fan overall.
I'm not surprised since you ONLY listen to Black and Death Metal from everything I've heard you say. I'd rather not have someone like you get into power or prog metal.