Controversial opinions on metal

That's a pretty legit opinion, I'd say. Dio has more power, but Ozzy has much more emotional resonance (i.e. he actually sounds like a real person when he sings).

Finally, I've been able to give a controversial opinion without getting shit.

But a more controversial one:

Tech Death sounds like a bunch of people playing their instruments as fast as possible with growling thrown in.

a large majority of tech death is total shit tbh. They all have the same sound, same note selection, same tones etc.

But then there are also exceptions like Decapitated. Especially Winds Of Creation, one of my all time favourites.

I don't understand how anyone could like it.

honestly i think that music lacks soul... old school death metal bands like death or morbid angel were fast and brutal yet they had soul...
for me tech death and brutal death just sound soulless and manufactured

Absolutely. Technique or technicality is nothing without an appropriately good song to contain it.

Most Techdeath I have heard treats the average listener with scorn, and seems more akin to an excuse to have a big musical wank at our expense.

I always find Decapitated rather sterile and inorganic sounding - though I like the way that they do that. They have a knack for writing memorable songs.

There is good tech death and bad tech death. Good tech death is actually well composed, whereas in bad tech death it seems they just try to cram as many notes into each riff as possible, played as fast as possible. Pavor and Crimson Massacre are two great tech death bands IMO.

Pavor are actually pretty wanky, whether it's the ridiculously long songs with the (really cool yet probably off-putting) slow/mid-paced meandering almost-black-metal riffs or the fucking off-the-cuff basslines. However they are fucking awesome so who cares.

Gorod and Gory Blister are among the most tasteful (and talented) tech death bands.

Also how you could say bad tech death is cramming notes into shit and listing Crimson Massacre as good makes my head explode.

Pavor are actually pretty wanky, whether it's the ridiculously long songs with the (really cool yet probably off-putting) slow/mid-paced meandering almost-black-metal riffs or the fucking off-the-cuff basslines. However they are fucking awesome so who cares.

Gorod and Gory Blister are among the most tasteful (and talented) tech death bands.

Also how you could say bad tech death is cramming notes into shit and listing Crimson Massacre as good makes my head explode.

Crimson Massacre isn't simply cramming notes into shit, every riff is in some way related to the overall 'theme' of each composition. They took forever to understand but man they're an amazingly fulfilling listen for me now.