Controversial opinions on metal

I think the most appropriate way to classify doom metal is the same way by which progressive bands are distinguished; namely as an adjective. Just as there is progressive heavy metal and progressive death metal, there is traditional doom metal, which is essentially doom heavy metal, and doom death metal. It's more of a specific characteristic within a broader horizon.

It really boils down to just pure relativity for me, I guess (so yes, this is my cop out). When I'm listening to funeral doom (when I actually have an album playing and I'm feeling its effects) the sensations I experience are similar to what I would associate with the word "doom." So, I guess it's more of a "feely" thing than a definitive categorical assessment.

Doom is such a fucking weird word. If I was stoned right now I'd be sitting here going, "Doom... doom... doom... doom... doomy... doomy doom... doom... doom... dooooooooooooooom..."

Your local metal scene is more important and more deserving of your money than other metal. If you find a local band you like, you should buy all their stuff rather than spreading your money over other bands.

It's way too flat and cold. I'm not saying I want some sterile slam death production, but just take a step back to Gardens Of Grief and you hear what TRiTSiO's production should sound like.
It gives it a nice dark rainy atmosphere imo.

ButtHurt.jpg

you responding to me?? simple, a local metal scene, if you have one and it's decent, should be more important to you than the music from miles away, and if you support one band properly, by going to their shows, buying albums, merch, rather than lots of bands barely at all, that band has more of a chance of being able to do it for a living. if it's a local band, you're helping bring more people into the area for the gigs of the other local bands, and therefore helping your own scene and encouraging more shows and more metal fans in your area, through increased access to the music.