Controversial opinions on metal

Concerning Iced Earth, I'd put Something wicked in the level of Dark Saga. Newer stuff sucks though.

I don't really like Nokturnal Mortum that much, but Goat Horns is indeed their best.

Communic is underrated. Conspiracy in Mind and Waves of Visual Decay are fucking awesome.

Actually, I've tried to listen to them quite a few times before because so many people on this forum wank to them and it sounded boring and shitty every time...

Iced Earth
Burnt Offerings > Horrow Show = Night of the Stormrider > The Dark Saga = The Glorious Burden > Everything else

For me, its Night of The Stormrider > Iced Earth > Burnt Offerings > Something Wicked This Way Comes > Dark Saga > Horror Show > Everything else

Concerning Iced Earth, I'd put Something wicked in the level of Dark Saga. Newer stuff sucks though.

Yeah their newest album is horse shit. Im very pleased they didnt play anything off it when I saw them live last weekend.

I hope to God he assisted on yet another cover song abortion. "No Time To Cry" was a fail. I do like HIM though from a goofy pop-rock perspective.

I don't mind early HIM but I'm sure the appearance was put together by that retard named Bam Margera. I think Ville's appearance seems so out of place on a Cradle of Filth album.

Have you seen the new Cradle of Filth video? It's got more of a conventional song structure but it's very unconventional by Cradle of Filth standards. It sounds more like a cover song.

It's different anyhow. I find it a far more interesting than "Lilith Immaculate" which sounds like more of the usual.

And wow, Paul remembered how to play guitar!

It's that one "symphonic" black metal album that purists (I'm not trying to troll, stuff you rec is pretty bad ass most of the time) pick to praise.

I've heard the album several times, and I'd flat out rather listen to the other bands I posted.

I'll even say Dimmu Borgir's Stormblast (original) is the best symphonic black metal album.

I seriously can't recall many people talking about Obtained Enslavement other than MalignParadigm. Dimmu Borgir has always sucked. Stormblast is atrociously boring

I think Stormblast has some great moments but for me it's a bit of a chore to listen to. The music just seems rather plodding and lifeless with very little variation. I don't understand why this album is so revered when For All Tid is a much better and interesting album.

Iced Earth
Burnt Offerings > Horrow Show = Night of the Stormrider > The Dark Saga = The Glorious Burden > Everything else

Gettysburg trilogy > Night Of The Stormrider > The Glorious Burden > Burnt Offerings > Iced Earth > all the other mediocre garbage

Basically all I listen to by them these days is the Gettysburg trilogy.

From memory I think I enjoyed Malignant Eternal more than Obtained Enslavement,another band i'd like to revisit is Siebenburgen.They got heaps of praise back in the late nineties but from memory I just thought they were a second rate Cradle Of Filth clone band.