Controversial opinions on metal

I think he's trying to say, that Sabbath is more important to Pantera's formation (and metal in general) than Kiss is.

So, quite the opposite.

Ace Frehley was a way bigger influence on Dime than Tony ever could have been.Sure Sabbath was an influence but not more than Kiss.....and I hate Kiss.

Gorguts fans, does anyone else feel that the second half of Obscura is nowhere near as engaging as the first? I think if the album ended with Subtle Body, it would have been just perfect, but instead it drags on for another excruciating 25 minutes. Sooo long. I really like the track Faceless Ones in the second half. The rest however, not so much.

Nah, Illuminatus and Faceless Ones are two of the best songs on it.

Gorguts fans, does anyone else feel that the second half of Obscura is nowhere near as engaging as the first? I think if the album ended with Subtle Body, it would have been just perfect, but instead it drags on for another excruciating 25 minutes. Sooo long. I really like the track Faceless Ones in the second half. The rest however, not so much.

I agree somewhat.

I think Clouded is like the intermission to the album. It gives you a breather for the second half. I would agree though that the first half is stronger than the second. The second half seems to be less chaotic with longer riffs.

The ending to Sweet Silence is very annoying though, I will give you that.

yes most of the time i think his vocals are 'crappy' though on the earlier albums i think they are more or less fine... still they don't seem to bother me much... i've pretty much grown used to vocalists i don't really care for... case in point Atilla on DMDS... the music is so good that whatever deficiencies i may perceive with the vox i now tend to overlook

Nah, his vocals are great, thought i don't concentrate on them that much, the guitar riffs will mask his vocals.

Nah, his vocals are great, thought i don't concentrate on them that much, the guitar riffs will mask his vocals.

that they do... same thing with graveland... the overall atmosphere of the music masks rob's monotonous croaking

yes most of the time i think his vocals are 'crappy' though on the earlier albums i think they are more or less fine... still they don't seem to bother me much... i've pretty much grown used to vocalists i don't really care for... case in point Atilla on DMDS... the music is so good that whatever deficiencies i may perceive with the vox i now tend to overlook

If you're overlooking Attila's vocals on DMDS you're missing an essential element to that album's genius.

some people here wouldn't know a good vocalist if he screamed in their ear. i'm still pissed off about the paul baloff criticism

my controversial opinion for today is that enslaved inspire indifference and not much else