Controversial opinions on metal

Everything Priest did with Halford has been at least solid.
Although I wouldn't attribute this to Halford; his solo albums (at least Crucible) suck harder than he does.

I think "metal" that heavily uses pretty female vocals is totally horrible and gay. There's my controversial metal opinion of the day.
I have to agree. There's a few exceptions; Aghora do a decent job but a man could do it better. I actually like Sinergy, although I'm pretty certain I'm the only person on this planet who does. But yeah, stuff like Nightwish... :bah:

Tales From the Twilight World may be BGs worst album (except for A Twist in the Myth ofcourse). While it has some AWSOME songs like 'Traveler in Time' and 'The Last Candle' alot are just not that good (almost all BG songs are good though, so "not that good" doesn't equal bad in any way, just not as good as their stuff should be).

I enjoy all of the Patton era FNM albums, Mr. Bungle's Disco Volante and the first two Fantomas albums. I wouldn't consider myself to be a Patton fan girl though because he's released some really BAD music. Also, I would not go to a concert that is composed of nothing but him making strange noises into the mic for an hour.

I enjoy all of the Patton era FNM albums, Mr. Bungle's Disco Volante and the first two Fantomas albums. I wouldn't consider myself to be a Patton fan girl though because he's released some really BAD music. Also, I would not go to a concert that is composed of nothing but him making strange noises into the mic for an hour.
Ha, I saw him open for SOAD years ago with Mr. Bungle, people were throwing beer and shit at him they hated him so much. I'll give him credit though for continuing on like a trooper.

I remember I had The Real Thing way back when it was new. It had some pretty good songs on it, and some were kind of meh. I think that they may have been somewhat of an influence on the whole rap-"metal"/nu-metal movement.