Controversial opinions on metal

Also he really is gay. As in, he's a homosexual.

For the record I think CoB and CoF are both OK bands. I personally find them quite boring, and I think if you hang around these forums for a while and listen to some of the other bands people discuss, you may begin to feel the same way. Neither of those groups is awful, but they are both very "pop"-ish and commercial, and their respective genres have far less watered-down material to offer.

For the record my "gateway" metal band was In Flames (like, Reroute to Remain and Soundtrack and that shit) so I'm not making fun of you at all- my taste used to be way worse than yours.

Also he really is gay. As in, he's a homosexual.

For the record I think CoB and CoF are both OK bands. I personally find them quite boring, and I think if you hang around these forums for a while and listen to some of the other bands people discuss, you may begin to feel the same way. Neither of those groups is awful, but they are both very "pop"-ish and commercial, and their respective genres have far less watered-down material to offer.

For the record my "gateway" metal band was In Flames (like, Reroute to Remain and Soundtrack and that shit) so I'm not making fun of you at all- my taste used to be way worse than yours.
Okay; I thought he meant gay as in bad. And yeah; CoB and CoF are more commercialized and appeal to the mainstream more than a lot others on the metal scene.

The first 3 Gorgoroth albums are some of the best Norway has to offer. The fact that Gaahl wasn't in the band at the time is a tantalizing coincidence.

Dunno whether or not this will be controversial, but here goes. :V

Ray Gillen's Eternal Idol >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tony Martin's Eternal Idol.

Come to think of it...
Ray Gillen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tony Martin

I have a hard time believing that considering how much the latter rules, but I really don't know who the hell Ray Gillen is.

I have a hard time believing that considering how much the latter rules, but I really don't know who the hell Ray Gillen is.

He was Glenn Hughes' replacement on the Seventh Star tour... and ended up singing on the demo version of the Eternal Idol album. Just do a Youtube search for "eternal idol ray gillen" and you'll find it.

Then he left, so Iommi brought Martin in to rerecord (read: destroy) his vocals. :erk:

Ray was also the singer in Badlands.